• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Natman20

International Debutant
I actually think O'brien hasn't been bowling that badly today. I say bring him back to Sehwag, he will try to attack him and he almost got himself out twice too him.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Haha, Styris' expression after that catch was priceless.

"What the **** is wrong with you guys. I go away for a little while......."

Natman20

International Debutant
I say, welcome back to the squad Styris... I think his presense actually gives more confidence. Reminds me of the days of old :laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I know it probably doesn't give the rest of the Indian top order the credit they deserve, but have to wonder what would have happened with the series if the earlier pitches had a little more juice like this one, and through good bowling or good luck Sehwag had a bad series. Sigh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
110/5 now - perhaps a consolation win for the Black Caps today. While India have still undoubtedly dominated the series, think it's very important for NZ to win today and get a little confidence.

In knocking over the Indian top order they can remind themselves that they're not invincible, especially if there's a little swing/seam around and the bowlers are bowling well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have a couple of friends visiting from out of Mumbai. We got up at 6 and settled down for a run feast. Inspite of the late start my friends were licking their lips with India winning the toss and the boundary even shorter - 53 meters on one side - yes thats right just 53 ffffing meters.

It was O'Brien's first over and he bowled one that swung in from the off. Sehwag played it with the straightest of straight bats. A ball or two later another big swinger, bowled from closer to the stumps and heading towards the second slips, curled in sharply and cut Sehwag in half. I told my two non-cricketing friends, I think today we will see the difference between the men and the boys. And now I was smacking my lips.

Five minutes back they told me they would like to watch a movie. Being the good host, I pulled out Michael Clayton from my shelves and left them to enjoy Clooney and company as I came out of the theatre room.

Yuvraj is also gone since then and my friends must happy they did not 'waste' any more time on the cricket and I am here thinking how much this tells about Indian fans and the batting of even the best batting side in the world and the in general and how they cope with lateral movement.

It baffles them as completely as a boundary-and-sixer-less match does an average Indian spectator.

Flem274*

123/5
Punishment by death, imo. The test of touring NZ is handling swing and seam, India will roll out the turners when we go, as they should, I'd be gutted if they didn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NZ were paying 2.75 before this match. I got on thinking India would rest players. They didn't, but the bet may still work out.