• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Think he was more chiming in with the fact we've rolled out the flatties as soon as India have turned up, and obviously disagrees.
That's what I was trying to say, yes. Not having a go at anyone except maybe the ground staff.

Aussies pitches are fast and bouncy, Indian pitches are low, slow and turning, English pitches seaming and swinging - if they made them all flat then you might as well play every game indoors on astroturf and not bother about touring other countries since they are always flat tracks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's what I was trying to say, yes. Not having a go at anyone except maybe the ground staff.

Aussies pitches are fast and bouncy, Indian pitches are low, slow and turning, English pitches seaming and swinging - if they made them all flat then you might as well play every game indoors on astroturf and not bother about touring other countries since they are always flat tracks.
I agree. I love varying pitches.

But NZ rolled out flat tracks vs. Australia in 2006/07, no one was complaining then because NZ were successfully chasing down 350.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't mind variation within countries though, the Basin should be the traditional kiwi pitch, Napier can be flatter and faster but not really flat (hint hint). Hamilton give a bit of spin, etc.

Flem274*

123/5
I agree. I love varying pitches.

But NZ rolled out flat tracks vs. Australia in 2006/07, no one was complaining then because NZ were successfully chasing down 350.
Tests, we're talking.

And I was complaining, I;m a bowler, and that series first innings always made me close to tears.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, although I was thrilled that NZ won those games I really don't enjoy 300+ games as much as 220-260 games.

Another shocker of a run out. Terrible stuff from India.

Flem274*

123/5
Really. You think Bradman would struggle against this Kiwi attack on this wicket ? I do not have any words to say anything to you my friend.

You are right about Dravid and Sachin though but they are not playing unfortunately.

Lateral movement is more difficult to play than a ball which does not deviate at all in the air or off it but its not impossible to play. You need different skill sets and a different approach to batting. You may not be able to score at 8 runs an over but you dont have to. But you cant do anything if you do not have the game to play it.

Even in this disastrous show by India, the in form Sehwag and the out of form Rohit have shown how they are different from the others. Of course Sachin and Dravid would have coped better. But of course Bradman is no batsman compared to those two - right ?
Course he'd struggle, we have O'Brien. :p

I think the Don played here just once, and got out to Jack Cowie (so under-rated by us, second best seamer in our history) for 9. Awesome, but also very sad in a way. We never saw the best of Bradman.

biased indian

International Coach
i have just now satrted to view the game after 13 overs..can some one tell me what the situation with powerplays its all finished ??

Xuhaib

International Coach
Really. You think Bradman would struggle against this Kiwi attack on this wicket ? I do not have any words to say anything to you my friend.

You are right about Dravid and Sachin though but they are not playing unfortunately.

Lateral movement is more difficult to play than a ball which does not deviate at all in the air or off it but its not impossible to play. You need different skill sets and a different approach to batting. You may not be able to score at 8 runs an over but you dont have to. But you cant do anything if you do not have the game to play it.

Even in this disastrous show by India, the in form Sehwag and the out of form Rohit have shown how they are different from the others. Of course Sachin and Dravid would have coped better. But of course Bradman is no batsman compared to those two - right ?
lol..my point was that when there is something in the pitch even the top quality can struggle but you would back a top quality batting line up to do better most of the times then the others. Indians might have struggled today but with Sachin & Dravid back for tests I would be more confident of Indian batting line up putting on a better show then the NZL batting line up on seamers.

Last edited: