• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Blocky

Banned
Such an easy pitch to bat on and easy conditions, I can definitely see why McCullum and Watling were able to bat all day... ;)

Great bowling upfront, bring on Wagner to take the three best players (Sharma, Pujara and Kohli) and let Baz bowl at the tail. Why not.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The weather has certainly made a difference. Jono and I were talking at the ground that the Indian seamers looked to be getting reasonable shape with the old ball and that a new ball might be a handful. I think to win this Test, NZ need at least another wicket - probably two before the shine wears off the ball.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
The weather has certainly made a difference. Jono and I were talking at the ground that the Indian seamers looked to be getting reasonable shape with the old ball and that a new ball might be a handful. I think to win this Test, NZ need at least another wicket - probably two before the shine wears off the ball.
And then get a shiny new old ball to replace it and get more wickets :ph34r:

Blocky

Banned
They'll want India 4 down within 25 overs in my view. They'll back themselves to take a wicket every 5 overs at that point onwards even with a wearing ball solely due to pressure and that they can be all out in attack.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
From Facebook:
"McCullum faced more balls in that innings than Chris Martin did in his entire career. In that time, Martin was dismissed 57 times."

It's actually wrong, but still interesting that it was relatively close.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We've just seen one of the great defensive regard actions and yet "the best form of defence is attack" still applies in this scenario? Have you been in hibernation for the last couple of days or something.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How has Jono's attempt at wooing Kohli by singing a mash-up of "I don't know what Love is" and "Wind beneath My Wings" been going?