• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Simple, stop playing every home Test on square turners, playing so many ODI's on wickets where 350 is a minimum, and having 2 test series overseas rather than 3 test series. Until India do that, they will continue to fail miserably overseas.
Honestly, I think they have the players to win overseas, they just don't select them.

It took them at least a year too long to sack Sehwag and Tendulkar, and the players that they've got in have performed both at home and overseas. Bhuvneshwar, Umesh are as promising young bowlers as most countries have in the world barring Australia. And Ojha is the type of spinner that could do well overseas.

3 simple selections could make a big difference IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wanting the triple badly here. Will ease some of the pain I still have from Crowe's 299

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Honestly, I think they have the players to win overseas, they just don't select them.

It took them at least a year too long to sack Sehwag and Tendulkar, and the players that they've got in have performed both at home and overseas. Bhuvneshwar, Umesh are as promising young bowlers as most countries have in the world barring Australia. And Ojha is the type of spinner that could do well overseas.

3 simple selections could make a big difference IMO.
Don't know about Bhuveneshwar. I know pace isn't everything, but at 125k, don't see him being too effective in tests.

India's problems lie at board level as well. The arrogance of the BCCI prevents India from being successful as a test nation overseas.
It makes them more money in the short term to invest in IPL, ODI's and home tests, so they ignore anything else.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know about Bhuveneshwar. I know pace isn't everything, but at 125k, don't see him being too effective in tests.
He'd be at least as successful as Zak is now, who's bowling at the same pace.

Ishant is also bowling at around the same pace.

They almost couldn't do worse, there's nothing to lose. Especially when it's a 35 year old they'd be dropping.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who else have India got?
We've actually got quite a few waiting. I don't know if they'll be good or Ishant, but I definitely see promise in Bhuvi, Yadav, Pandey , Pankaj Singh, etc. Not o mention Ojha should come in for Jadeja.
This us what is so incredibly frustrating. We've got some promising talent in the bowling department after god knows how long, but we don't even try them out. We keep persisting with Sharma and Zaheer for some inexplicable reason. I can't even imagine the state of mind of some of the youngsters in the domestic setup. They've seen Sharma be **** for 5 years and have waited patiently for a call up. Now he goes out and picks up a bunch of wickets and looks to have booked his place in the squad for another couple of years. It does their confidence absolutely no good and when they finally do get a chance it'll be when they'll be out of form/past their peak or the pressure will have built up for years and they'll be too nervous. It's a hopeless situation.

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I wonder what it will take for people to realize that Jadeja isn't a frontline spinner on an unhelpful surface. His action simply sucks when it comes to getting revs. Roundarm darting is what it most of his deliveries amount to. There is zero threat that he's going to get any meaningful turn/drift/dip/bounce when he bowls, even when he slows his pace up. Accuracy is his biggest asset, but accurate darts are useful only as a fifth option or in limited overs. This was a situation where India could've used a bowler who knew how to give it a rip.

Sorry, during this epic collapse, someone has to sip on the Jaddu haterade

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is such a gun innings from Neesham. Would have been under supreme pressure coming in after the Watling-Baz partnership.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
We've actually got quite a few waiting. I don't know if they'll be good or Ishant, but I definitely see promise in Bhuvi, Yadav, Pandey , Pankaj Singh, etc. Not o mention Ojha should come in for Jadeja.
Is it true that Pankaj doesn't get selected due to him being from Rajistan? If that's the case, then the BCCI are a disgrace. Have gotten way to big for their boots.