• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got home, obviously been phenomenal checking the score throughout the day as the partnership just went on and on. Wonderful powers of concentration from both McCullum & Watling. PEWS will be particularly rapt about the latter considering he's often talked him up. Almost as pleasing is this McCullum/Neesham partnership to follow it up, we could have easily folded at the loss of Watling's wicket.

Shades of this test tbh

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
my goodness, idk which one will be harder to take, this draw or the Jo'burg one. I love the fact that we are competing overseas but geez, we need a win to go our way for once! lol.. =(

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Captain said:
the pitch has flattened out so much, there's no need to take an unnecessary risk in declaring.

McCullum dropped on 9, now on 254*. Any other examples of someone making so much use of their second life?
Hutton benefitted from a missed stumping at 40 and went on to make 364 (+324).
Mark Taylor was dropped thrice, on 18 and 25 and 325 and went on to make 334* (+300 in between the second and third drop).
Gooch was dropped on 36 and went on to make 333 (+297).
Inzamam was dropped on 32 and made 329 (+297).
Sangakkara was dropped on 0 and made 270 (+270).

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it's ridiculous to think that we've scored more runs in this innings than we did in the first innings at Eden Park.

Zinzan

Hutton benefitted from a missed stumping at 40 and went on to make 364 (+324).
Mark Taylor was dropped thrice, on 18 and 25 and 325 and went on to make 334* (+316 in between the second and third drop).
Gooch was dropped on 36 and went on to make 333 (+297).
Inzamam was dropped on 32 and made 329 (+297).
Sangakkara was dropped on 0 and made 270 (+270).
Ouch to the last one.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
my goodness, idk which one will be harder to take, this draw or the Jo'burg one. I love the fact that we are competing overseas but geez, we need a win to go our way for once! lol.. =(
Simple, stop playing every home Test on square turners, playing so many ODI's on wickets where 350 is a minimum, and having 2 test series overseas rather than 3 test series. Until India do that, they will continue to fail miserably overseas.

morgieb

I just don't want us to go for the win at all tbh. IDGAF if that sounds negative. They have a monster batting lineup. Dhawan, Pujara, Kohli and Dhoni could make a 350 run chase gettable in a session of good batting.
So what you're saying is that New Zealand need to be prepared to lose to win? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Why? Their bowlers and fielders have failed miserably, dropped him twice and he's taken the game away from them.
The guy has 12 overs to survive and looks shattered.

He's into unchartered territory and is looking more likely to get out.

So back to the original question - how will they celebrate taking Bravehearts head?

Daemon

Sharma's average slowly creeping back up.

Can't fault his commitment though, both him and Shami are still bowling at about 80%.

Zinzan

lol @ Gavaskar, McCullum will NOT be thinking about setting India a target any time soon!