• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Brilliant.

#can'thandlethetruth
nah, i kind of agree with you actually, just commentating on your tendency to be on the opposite end of the spectrum to say, Flems optimism. (Not that hes optimisic or anything)

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
We all have our little inconsistencies. Myself and Bahnz' support for Jeets is probably no more justifiable than the support for Guptill. Both were failures at test level but we want to see more from them. It's weird.

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon Mark Craig might be a dark horse once Sodhi gets smoked. He's taken some poles this season and looks to be not atrocious when I watch him bowl. Can also bat.

Astle also got nice wraps from Indian journalists on the A tour (they all thought he bowled better than Sodhi, and only Bradburn thought otherwise) and today aside has been a vital cog in the Canterbury machine all season, and they're winning.

Vettori > KW > Guptill > Jeets > Astle > Craig (yup, going with my dark horse) > Sodhi > Bartin (he's lost the plot) > Ajaz > the rest (cbf)

I wouldn't disagree with Hesson if he said Sodhi is the most talented spinner in the country though. He pretty clearly is.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
4 seamers in Wellington, bring in Jeets for the other one. Thats probably the safest bet. Fairly cruel on Jeets heart though.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Everyone in the Test team will play the round of FC before the 1st test right?

Edit: nevermind ODI is on during it.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We all have our little inconsistencies. Myself and Bahnz' support for Jeets is probably no more justifiable than the support for Guptill. Both were failures at test level but we want to see more from them. It's weird.
It's not really all that inconsistent. If New Zealand had spinners as good as Fulton, Rutherford, Latham and Papps are as batsmen then I doubt you'd pine for Jeets. Guptill's probably about as good a batsman as Patel is a bowler, maybe even a little better, but New Zealand's spin stocks are horrid enough for that to be the best option, while your opening stocks aren't.

Blocky

Banned
I would bet that Guptill would have more sucess as a test match opener than Ryder.

Look just take a read of this scorecard and maybe find some highlights on the vault and tell me that Guptill is as **** as you're making out. He's having no problems constructing innings at a first class level, his headspace is obviously fine there, meaning that he is capable of getting there at a test match level as well. This is a guy who has just scored 3 40+ scores in 7 ODI innings, who has been an absolute gun in the past and will be again.

Remember the WI series were he was the only batsmen to step up, before he started to get mentally ****ed

Central Districts v Auckland at Napier, Dec 12-15, 2013 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Look, every single time he bats, he's mentally ****ed - he can't rotate strike, relies on boundaries and misqueues that go into gaps.