• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
He's been failing forever and the ODI team is a separate entity (and largely rubbish)

Might actually do him good to sit out the inevitable hammering in the WC
I have to admit, I'm not wildly optimistic as to England's chances

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll probably **** us right up by saying this but the one thing I want to see out of today's play is a hundred opening stand.......been 21 tests since our last.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep..........and why I'm still spewing they canned Compton. Started going pear shaped after that IMO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Strauss 'Woakes and Jordan are a little bit similar, they might decide they want a bit more pace, in which case Finn will come back in'

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Howe_zat

Audio File
I mean, I'm not Scaly. If you honestly think Finn's a good enough bowler then fine, he has a decent record. But Christ I have never seen a bowler that people are determined to be wrong about. At no point has he ever bowled quicker than Broad or Anderson in Tests, but this myth keeps on persisting.

And Strauss captained him! For about 20 matches!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Finn is the Kohli of quick bowlers. Because he was so good in one day cricket people reminisce as if he was once this brilliant test bowler who England broke because they tried to stop him running through the stumps and bowling with hardly any control in length.

He's surely a better option than Jordan though. Both now (next April) and long term.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean, I'm not Scaly. If you honestly think Finn's a good enough bowler then fine, he has a decent record. But Christ I have never seen a bowler that people are determined to be wrong about. At no point has he ever bowled quicker than Broad or Anderson in Tests, but this myth keeps on persisting.

And Strauss captained him! For about 20 matches!
This is devil's advocate as I'm no major Finn lover but maybe Strauss having captained him means he's seen something more than we have

Nice delivery that btw. Disappointed for Robson. Lack of winter Tests really confuses the opener issue

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is devil's advocate as I'm no major Finn lover but maybe Strauss having captained him means he's seen something more than we have

Nice delivery that btw. Disappointed for Robson. Lack of winter Tests really confuses the opener issue
Someone (Hales) is going to be gun in ODI cricket and they'll pick him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

How quick was it? Seemed to be a regulation full pitched straight ball. Shouldn't be getting out to stuff like that.