• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
not at all if india win the next test i will get on here and happily give them credit
Strangely enough, life is not all about winning. Sometimes it's about doing your best, doing better than others think you will, overcoming adversity etc.

After being arguably sawn off in the second test, India could have gone either way. At first, it really looked as though they were going to take their ball home, but thankfully they came to their senses, responded positively and came out fighting.

For that, they receive credit.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
So? This series is still alive as well in the fact that India can very much draw it, as a I said before, something that would be a brilliant feat.

And a series is very important, but so is a Test match on its own. Just because you can't win the series doesn't mean the match doesn't hold a heap of value by itself. In this case we see the value of:

a) As said ten times on the last page, India ending the streak, the first side to beat Australia and beat Australia at home for ages
b) They did after being written off and heavy underdogs
c) They did it without their best fast bowler
d) They did it after one of the biggest controversies ever seen in cricket in recent times, included in that poor umpiring in the previous Test that would have put the nail in the coffin for most other visitors

The fact that they overcame all that and won yet you still criticise them for celebrating shows you're just looking for a reason to condemn when there's nothing there, obviously because of sour grapes and all.
do you think that after all the success that australia have had that i would have sour grapes of india ? this is half my point australia cant win everything and I just think that they were due for a loss which means that it is no great effort on behalf of india

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
do you think that after all the success that australia have had that i would have sour grapes of india ? this is half my point australia cant win everything and I just think that they were due for a loss which means that it is no great effort on behalf of india
You're looking for something to attach your anger onto that's not really there. Like some did after Sydney. As SST said, it wasn't justifiable there and it's not here. Most sore losers will look for something trivial to discredit the winning teams perfomance - note the squash ball rubbish after the WC. It's really small minded and really really obvious to most what's going on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
iff any player celebrated like india did in that game than i would be dissapointed
Yeah Michael Slaters century at Lords where he kissed the badge on his helmet was a such a disappointing moment for an Australian fan huh.

Just get over the celebration, if not turn off the TV when the game is finished.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Refusing to give the other team credit for a great victory is sour grapes.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
You're looking for something to attach your anger onto that's not really there. Like some did after Sydney. As SST said, it wasn't justifiable there and it's not here. Most sore losers will look for something trivial to discredit the winning teams perfomance - note the squash ball rubbish after the WC. It's really small minded and really really obvious.
i except the fact that australia lost, i fully understand they cant win every single game i wish my football side and every other team i support would win as much as australi do, im not upset 1 single bit losing does happen

pasag

RTDAS
i except the fact that australia lost, i fully understand they cant win every single game i wish my football side and every other team i support would win as much as australi do, im not upset 1 single bit losing does happen
Well to attempt to explain it on your terms, if Carlton travelled to Subiaco towards the end of the season and as usual had no chance of making the finals and they did it without say, Brendon Fevola and won against the odds, would you criticise them for heaps of celebrations afterwards?

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Strangely enough, life is not all about winning. Sometimes it's about doing your best, doing better than others think you will, overcoming adversity etc.

After being arguably sawn off in the second test, India could have gone either way. At first, it really looked as though they were going to take their ball home, but thankfully they came to their senses, responded positively and came out fighting.

For that, they receive credit.
Well said Uncle!

Also, Zac, right on!

aussie_26, I am not following this thread much so may not be able to reply to you, but will just say one thing. Win is a win, no matter what. Of the other 9 test playing nations, only India could achieve it.

jeevan

International 12th Man
The way Sri Lanka ended up on their immediately preceding tour, taking only four wickets in the first test and seven in the second, it was a hugely sinking feeling for some India fans. I think Vaas, Malinga and Murali are a good attack and while Zaheer & Kumble are also very good bowlers, and better at this point of time in this venue - it did cause you to wonder.

Melbourne, where India lost badly but took 17 wickets, seemed like the best case bowling outcome when Zaheer got injured (in terms of bowling). But how well RP, Ishant (hugely unrewarded in terms of wickets in both tests) and now Pathan have done!

Pathan's inswinger (to RHB) seems to be back, though in this match was lethal as an outswinger to LHBs. With the better control he has (compared to Pathan 1.0) and the ability to bowl cutters (seen in T20I but cant recall any in this match), this is more than the one trick pony of before.

shankar

International Debutant
Pathan's inswinger (to RHB) seems to be back, though in this match was lethal as an outswinger to LHBs. With the better control he has (compared to Pathan 1.0) and the ability to bowl cutters (seen in T20I but cant recall any in this match), this is more than the one trick pony of before.
He's still a one-trick pony (at least in conditions where there isn't any reverse swing). He got away with it because Australia were rarely in a strong position in the middle overs. But he has much better accuracy now than earlier and bowls less loose deliveries. I'm not convinced though that we can consistently get away with playing him as a member of a four-man attack.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Refusing to give the other team credit for a great victory is sour grapes.
mmm, that's interesting. Didn't see a lot of that going on after the second test. But of course, I'm sorry. Australia were a bunch of cheats back then and it was all the umpires fault.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mmm, that's interesting. Didn't see a lot of that going on after the second test. But of course, I'm sorry. Australia were a bunch of cheats back then and it was all the umpires fault.
A shame more people don't think like you.

:unsure:

;)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
May have missed one or two, cbf looking it up - certainly missed a heap of domestic 50 overs stuff.

More importantly, thank god Federer won - saved me $5000 - nearly fainted in the 5th set!
Geez, how much did you bet on the match?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, they were pretty sour then. At least I'm not going to deny it when I do it, just like you shouldn't deny the umpires role in your victory.