• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
if he couldn't do much in decidedly more spin-friendly conditions in india, he is not going to do a whole lot more on australian pitches...to go down to warne in australia, the indian players would have to be as horrendous against high-class spin as the english or the safffies and obviously they are not...
diffrent type of spin wicket over in india to australia, the wickets in india are slower and have less bounce which dosent suit warne as much

pasag

RTDAS
a cause to celebrate would be to win a series , the bigger the series the more you can celebrate
Yes, winning the series would also be cause to celebrate. It's not complicated.

The celebrations are pretty similar to many of Australia's, especially after a difficult Test win or a come from behind victory, regardless of the whether it was a series win. Trying to criticise India here is petty to say the least.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
If they won the series they'd celebrate more.

But be realistic mate, they've just won a Test Match, a match which the captain declared his best ever win in a career spanning 124 Test Matches.

Of course they are going to celebrate..
i cant beleive that win was kumbles best win ever, it shouldnt be because as i have said its not series win, was kumble not playing back in that 2001 series in india ?

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes, winning the series would also be cause to celebrate. It's not complicated.

The celebrations are pretty similar to many of Australia's, especially after a difficult Test win or a come from behind victory, regardless of the whether it was a series win. Trying to criticise India here is petty to say the least.
when have australia gone into a match were they cant get the series title and than celebrated after a victory ?

sideshowtim

Banned
Any complaints regarding the Indians celebration are as ******** as the complaints regarding Australia's in the last Test. Stupid stuff.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

pasag

RTDAS
when have australia gone into a match were they cant get the series title and than celebrated after a victory ?
There are times Australia hasn't won the series in a given match but has celebrated ferociously because it was an amazing Test win, with little thought to the actual scoreline - Adelaide last year, Sydney a few weeks ago, OT in 2005 off the top of my head. None of these matches were the series decider and yes the series was still open but they were incredible outcomes and Australia celebrated that fact and quite visibly.

A Test match is a Test match and can be looked at in isolation away from the series, it's one of the things that makes the sport so great. Each match is a new entity regardless of the overall condition of the series although that's very important as well. You're not the first person I've seen not get that, but of all the people I've seen you certainly don't get it most spectacularly.

river end

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There are times Australia hasn't won the series in a given match but has celebrated ferociously because it was an amazing Test win, with little thought to the actual scoreline Adelaide last year, Sydney a few weeks ago, OT in 2005. None of these matches were the series decider but they were incredible outcomes and Australia celebrated that fact, quite visibly.

A Test match is a Test match and can be looked at in isolation away from the series, it's one of the things that makes the sport so great. Each match is a new entity regardless of the overall condition of the series although that's very important as well. You're not the first person I've seen not get that, but you certainly don't get it most spectacularly.
Well said

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
There are times Australia hasn't won the series in a given match but has celebrated ferociously because it was an amazing Test win, with little thought to the actual scoreline Adelaide last year, Sydney a few weeks ago, OT in 2005. None of these matches were the series decider but they were incredible outcomes and Australia celebrated that fact, quite visibly.

A Test match is a Test match and can be looked at in isolation away from the series, it's one of the things that makes the sport so great. Each match is a new entity regardless of the overall condition of the series although that's very important as well. You're not the first person I've seen not get that, but you certainly don't get it most spectacularly.
but the series was still alive and australia still had a chance to win what ever the trphy was they were playing for

nope each test match is part of a series and the aim of winning a test match is to win a series, its just like the aim of making runs or taking wickets is to win a game , the aim of winning a test match is to win a series

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Err.. You do realize that in the past 21 years we've (Australia) not had many if any instances where we've been behind with no chance of winning a series, and then actually winning a match..
I know and thats because they take my approach were anything less than a series win isnt good enough

pasag

RTDAS
but the series was still alive and australia still had a chance to win what ever the trphy was they were playing for

nope each test match is part of a series and the aim of winning a test match is to win a series, its just like the aim of making runs or taking wickets is to win a game , the aim of winning a test match is to win a series
So? This series is still alive as well in the fact that India can very much draw it, as a I said before, something that would be a brilliant feat.

And a series is very important, but so is a Test match on its own. Just because you can't win the series doesn't mean the match doesn't hold a heap of value by itself. In this case we see the value of:

a) As said ten times on the last page, India ending the streak, the first side to beat Australia and beat Australia at home for ages
b) They did after being written off and starting heavy underdogs
c) They did it without their best fast bowler
d) They did it after one of the biggest controversies ever seen in cricket in recent times, included in that poor umpiring in the previous Test that would have put the nail in the coffin for most other visitors

The fact that they overcame all that and won yet you still criticise them for celebrating shows you're just looking for a reason to condemn when there's nothing there, obviously because of sour grapes and all.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why? If they win the next test they wouldn't have won the series..
im not saying that they should celbrate like they did today but it would still be a good effort, right now im thinking it was just a fluke so if they win the next test match than i am prover wrong