• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Best day of cricket this summer for mine. Refreshing to see the magnificent perfomance by the Indian bowlers coupled with decidedly average batting from Australia.

Highlights:
- India's BACKUP (No Zaheer/Sreesanth remember) three pronged pace attack swinging it all day and making Australia look like Ranji trophy players
- Sharma's dismissals of both Ponting & Clarke. Absolute gems. One this kid fills out and develops his control he's gonna be a star
- RP's setup of Gilchrist - give him a coupla fours then take him out with a beaut of a ball.
It was good to see Irfan Pathan back in the team. I'm a big fan of him and hopefully he can back up and score a few runs tomorow. Also, it was good to see Sharma get a few wickets, he did well in Sydney but with no reward.

Rps set up off Gilly? 8-)

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
I think India will make 220 in their 2nd innings ..leaving Australia 340ish to win ... which I predict they will get with the loss of about 6 or 7 wickets

and yes I know im not in it!
You should be an astrologer i guess! Try your luck with the people spending day in and day out on betting odds! Man you will change their life through your accurate predictions! You actually provided us the complete result.....:laugh:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! I feel exhausted. Just read through 40 pages of today's action.

Was listening/watching (both internet and t.v.) Symonds' innings today and knew the pain that some of the members were going through with his innings today. It was exactly the same for me when Clarke started his career. Was sitting back with a smile just imagining what Prince would be posting, and he didn't disapoint. Also got a chuckle out of some of Clapo's posts.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I loved watching Symonds innings today tbh.

Great effort by India - I can't recall the last time the Aussies were knocked over for 200-odd in the first innings in Australia (as I type this, I'm sure some smart alec will provide a link showing it happened six months ago, but anyway).

The question has to be asked, where has Pathan been hiding so far this series? Singh also bowled very well.

Ponting is now, I think we can say, in something of a slump by his standards. Hopefully he can get into some kind of run in the second innings.

Only a lusty, AND ENJOYABLE, counterattack from Symonds and Gilchrist saved us from complete humiliation. Can't wait for tomorrow's play. This has been a great series so far.

Mister Wright

Yeah, agree fantastic series.

I think India will regret not taking the gamble on Sehwag from the first test. He just gives India a counter-attack against the Aussie opening bowlers. You can't let them settle early.

social

Seriously, enough about Symonds

With the exception of one hard chance (anyone that has tried to catch a top-edged cut will agree), he smacked the bowlers everywhere and Australia has a lot to thank him for.

duffer

I loved watching Symonds innings today tbh.

Great effort by India - I can't recall the last time the Aussies were knocked over for 200-odd in the first innings in Australia (as I type this, I'm sure some smart alec will provide a link showing it happened six months ago, but anyway).

The question has to be asked, where has Pathan been hiding so far this series? Singh also bowled very well.

Ponting is now, I think we can say, in something of a slump by his standards. Hopefully he can get into some kind of run in the second innings.

Only a lusty, AND ENJOYABLE, counterattack from Symonds and Gilchrist saved us from complete humiliation. Can't wait for tomorrow's play. This has been a great series so far.
Yeah, enthralling last two matches at least. Plenty of controversy too. Imagine if Sree had managed to tour. We'd probably have about 20k posts in this thread already :laugh:

Hope he comes out for the one dayers, he's great value.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Any idea if Zaheer Khan and Gautam Ghambir will be available for the ODI series with Sri Lanka and Australia? I think Pathan's secured his spot for sure...

duffer

What are the options now for Jaffer's spot? Sehwag was the back up opener, was there a second?
Dinesh is still in the squad.

@CC - I think Gambhir might be fit, but pretty sure Zaheer might struggle to make it back in time.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, enough about Symonds

With the exception of one hard chance (anyone that has tried to catch a top-edged cut will agree), he smacked the bowlers everywhere and Australia has a lot to thank him for.
Totally agree. Ok, so some people on here quite fervently don't rate him - WE GET IT. It's all absolutely fair enough having that opinion, but it doesn't need to be mentioned every second post. I'm personally a fan and I think he's done absolutely everything asked of him and more so far this summer, so I'm pleased for him.

As for the action in the middle, well to call it India's day would be underselling it. The curse of the Earth's spherical nature means that with a 2.30am start and work to go to each morning I'm seeing distressingly little live action but India's performance was top-notch. Pathan came back into the side with a vengeance, and I'm really liking both the young quicks. Sharma bowled well in Sydney with zero luck and I'm becoming a bigger fan of Singh's by the match. A quality left-armer who plays his cricket the right way IMO, 100% effort but with a smile on his face.

If there's one thing we've all learned about this Australian team it's that they don't know when they're beaten and you can never write them off, but India have been outstanding so far, are deservedly well on top and it will take a monumental turnaround for the match to result in anything other than an Indian victory.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, they don't know when they're beaten, but sometimes they also forget that they're not bullet proof. Today was a prime example - that attacking attitude has won them so many games, but there is a time and place for staying quietly out of trouble and occupying the crease until the shine comes off the ball a little and things get easier - something the current line up seems to forget sometimes. Oh well, it works more often than not.

BTW, can't believe I forgot to congratulate Kumble on 600 wickets - what a champion he has been and still is. He won't catch Murali you'd think, but he could well go past Warne's record as well. Love the way he plays his cricket. Kudos Kumble, kudos.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, unaccountably slipped my mind too while I was praising the bowlers who have achieved far less. :ph34r:

Well bowled Anil - a gun bowler and an ornament to the game. 600 Test wickets is a hell of an achievement, and thoroughly deserved.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Shattered I missed jalaj4you's Dire Straits pun thread - posting this thought here as directed by the boss at the end of that thread. :cry:

duffer

Indeed, unaccountably slipped my mind too while I was praising the bowlers who have achieved far less. :ph34r:
Story of Anil's career. Criminally underrated and underacknowledged by Indians and the rest of the world too.

Absolutely world class in every way.