• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There aren't many good Indian commentators that are also fluent in English. I'd rather have good balanced commentary. Benaud is fair, as always. Many of the Aussies are clearly rooting for one team over another, but its nowhere near as bad as some of the South African commentators....who are absolutely ridiculous. But overall, I can live with the quality of Channel 9 commentary. English commentators are almost universally good and fair (Beefy excluded). Bumble is God.
Shastri
Bhogle
Gavaskar
Manjrekar

Star Cricket has taken a few Channel 9 commentators - Ian Chappell, Slater who are doing both the broadcasts. Channel 9 could have done the same.

Laurrz

International Debutant
What happened? Missed his last over
he kept bowling no balls and wides and wanted to finish the over so Fraz could bowl another one before stumps

so when he was about to bowl his last ball Pathan stopped RIGHT when he was about to deliver.. and Tait aws like swearing lol... and sorta went with his action and wanted to bowl at him even tho he was out of the pitch :laugh:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
RP Singh, who I dont mind, bowled a lot of crap and a better indicator of his performance was the 5 runs an over he went for rather than the wickets
Intersting, if you look at the whole scheme of things, Sharma had the same RPO as him and for a while, Pathan was close to that too. Truth be told, other than those stats, I didn't manage to catch anything, other than replays before about 5/130.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Same here.

Anybody have any info?

Good day of cricket. (Even with the luck that Symonds had)
What I saw was that Tait, after bowling a few no balls and wides rushed his last delivery so that another over could be fit in. About 5 metres from the crease he stumbles/misses a step, so Pathan, as most cricketers would moves out of the way. Tait actually continued his run up with the stutter and as he got to the crease he said to Irfan (or to himself) 'OH F!.'

C9 showed replays and he swore to himself then, so Pathan obviously knew that he was in some sort of discomfort.

biased indian

International Coach
ahhh..a day i am sure no indian supporter in their wildest dream would have thought of

any way still not in any great position hope any one of the big four or sehwag gets a hundred then we sure will be 350+ up and the pitch did turn today and couple of times dust was also seen...hope we will win here its 11 years since some one have beat australia in perth....

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Don't jinx them though. I think India have learned a lesson from previous Tests against Australia. The Aussies just can't keep winning, you surely have to slip up after 16 unbeaten Tests...

irfan

State Captain
Best day of cricket this summer for mine. Refreshing to see the magnificent perfomance by the Indian bowlers coupled with decidedly average batting from Australia.

Highlights:
- India's BACKUP (No Zaheer/Sreesanth remember) three pronged pace attack swinging it all day and making Australia look like Ranji trophy players
- Sharma's dismissals of both Ponting & Clarke. Absolute gems. One this kid fills out and develops his control he's gonna be a star
- Symonds & Gilly. Counterattacking at its best.
- RP's setup of Gilchrist - give him a coupla fours then take him out with a beaut of a ball.
- Knowing that Australia would've struggled to make 150 if Tendulkar held on.
- Kumble turning it miles
- Ponting's face when his team is really in the pits.
- Sehwag's solid start (Oxymoron?)
- Tait's last over where he completely lost the plot - beginning, climax and resolution
- Tait's swearing at himself when he completely fluffed his run up. HILARIOUS
- Knowing that Australia have neva won with Tait in the side. :)

Lowlights:
- Knowing India will f*ck it all up 2moro :(

Craig

World Traveller
Execellent comeback by India, after being bundled fairly quickly in the morning, and then to have run through the Australians, it is good for cricket to see an even match and really competitive. India losing one wicket isn't so bad, at least Sehwag is still in. Thankfully I have a half day at the latest so I can hopefully see some Sehwag fireworks. If this is ever a tailor-made situation for him, then this is it.

India should look to try and set a total of like 500-600 runs to win, really make the victory out of reach for Australia, if you have a chance to rub it in, then do so.

Craig

World Traveller
Best day of cricket this summer for mine. Refreshing to see the magnificent perfomance by the Indian bowlers coupled with decidedly average batting from Australia.

Highlights:
- India's BACKUP (No Zaheer/Sreesanth remember) three pronged pace attack swinging it all day and making Australia look like Ranji trophy players
- Sharma's dismissals of both Ponting & Clarke. Absolute gems. One this kid fills out and develops his control he's gonna be a star
- Symonds & Gilly. Counterattacking at its best.
- RP's setup of Gilchrist - give him a coupla fours then take him out with a beaut of a ball.
- Knowing that Australia would've struggled to make 150 if Tendulkar held on.
- Kumble turning it miles
- Ponting's face when his team is really in the pits.
- Sehwag's solid start (Oxymoron?)
- Tait's last over where he completely lost the plot - beginning, climax and resolution
- Tait's swearing at himself when he completely fluffed his run up. HILARIOUS
- Knowing that Australia have neva won with Tait in the side. :)

Lowlights:
- Knowing India will f*ck it all up 2moro :(
Gee your a man of optisim. Tell me what is even the point of watching if you have that attitude? That is disgraceful IMO.

fatbury

Cricket Spectator
I think India will make 220 in their 2nd innings ..leaving Australia 340ish to win ... which I predict they will get with the loss of about 6 or 7 wickets

and yes I know im not in it!

irfan

State Captain
Gee your a man of optisim. Tell me what is even the point of watching if you have that attitude? That is disgraceful IMO.
Haha it was intended to be just a throwaway line regarding India's past performances when they've been on top. Sorry if you've taken it as anything worse.