• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
very proud of both Hussey and Hayden

particularly Hussey.. i thought Hayden was going to go out numerous times playing some risky shots.. but he really worked hard too

but Huss was under so much pressure coming in at 2/21...fabulous knock so far.. hope he is 'there at the end' he's pretty good with the tail...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
A declaration with 300 lead would leave the Test even for both Teams to play for....Any declaration with a lead in excess of that makes it a likely boring draw....

Matt79

Global Moderator
A declaration with 300 lead would leave the Test even for both Teams to play for....Any declaration with a lead in excess of that makes it a likely boring draw....
Don't think they have time to get anymore than a 300 lead tbh before declaring.

archie mac

International Coach
Which way will the Aussies go?

Bat India out of the game and make them try and win?

Or

Give them a tough chase and hope they lose wickets in trying for the runs?

I thing the 2nd option would give them the best chance at the win:)

Matt79

Global Moderator
I think they should go flat-out for the win. I think we'll win the series regardless of the result here, but the chance to set break that record won't come around again soon.

archie mac

International Coach
I think they should go flat-out for the win. I think we'll win the series regardless of the result here, but the chance to set break that record won't come around again soon.
Part of me does not want them to break the record, I would like to see India win much better for cricket plus if they only just lose if would not be for fair reasons:)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Part of me does not want them to break the record, I would like to see India win much better for cricket plus if they only just lose if would not be for fair reasons:)
Yeah, I've already said I would feel it to be unfair if the Aussies do win this. But I was putting myself in Ponting's shoes.

Evermind

International Debutant
India have a pathetic record of 4th innings chases, and I'd say anything over 280 assures Australia of a victory. India will retreat into their shells and give it away like always!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India have a pathetic record of 4th innings chases, and I'd say anything over 280 assures Australia of a victory. India will retreat into their shells and give it away like always!
I'm optimistic we can save this one if it comes to that. Rahul and Sachin showed plenty of ticker out there.

It's just a matter of Jaffer, Dhoni and Yuvi stepping up. Ah, bugger it no chance then. :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Symonds was OUT !!! AMAZING !! They should STOP this match RIGHT NOW. No way that ball bounces high. No WAY.

Is Mr. Macho Symonds going to cry on the field here that Indians are sledging him...

THIS MATCH IS A FARCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're an idiot.

Evermind

International Debutant
http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40528
Well interesting to hear what Hayden has to say, he believes 260 should be good enough and believe me that would set the test beautifully.
Setting a target of 300 or more would not give enough time to the Aussies to bowl India out as we might have a situations where weather could also play a role tomorrow.
I believe once they get to 260, they'll go for the boundaries and try to force it to 300. Another 40 runs with 4 wickets in hand - that'll take someone like Symonds 5 overs (20 minutes) tops.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Both sides have had batsmen out of form this series. India had Dhoni, Yuvraj and Jaffer and Australia had Clarke (sort of), Jaques (sort of) and Ponting.

duffer

Both sides have had batsmen out of form this series. India had Dhoni, Yuvraj and Jaffer and Australia had Clarke (sort of), Jaques (sort of) and Ponting.
Yuvi wasn't out of touch when he came to Australia. He just looks all at sea against a quality attack.

Still has a lot to prove against the top bowlers, I always think there's a loose shot around the corner from him.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I haven't seen Clarke's dismissal - I really want to. Does anyone know why he didn't walk? That is too weird. I have to admit I was surprised - and very pleased - that Ponting walked.

This has been an awesome test match - I hope they set 260 (don't think they will - too scared of the Indian batsman). Oh well I hope somehow there is a way for India to win but they have to go at 5 or 6 an over and someone (pref. VVS and Tendulkar) produce stunning knocks that give them the win. 1-1 going into Perth, the streak ended by superb performances - nothing could be better. If rain destroys it I'll be very upset.

Laurrz

International Debutant
I haven't seen Clarke's dismissal - I really want to. Does anyone know why he didn't walk? That is too weird. I have to admit I was surprised - and very pleased - that Ponting walked.

This has been an awesome test match - I hope they set 260 (don't think they will - too scared of the Indian batsman). Oh well I hope somehow there is a way for India to win but they have to go at 5 or 6 an over and someone (pref. VVS and Tendulkar) produce stunning knocks that give them the win. 1-1 going into Perth, the streak ended by superb performances - nothing could be better. If rain destroys it I'll be very upset.
anything under 300 i wouldnt like.. indian batting just too good
340 im looking at actually

as for Pup.. i dont think it was as clear cut as ppl are saying... sure, it went to first slip.. but it came off Dhoni's gloves (?) or it looked a bit like it did..