• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Huh? You losing your place in a Test side because a couple decisions went against you does not in any way make up for decisions that went in your favor in FC cricket. This makes no sense. And FC cricket and test cricket is still nowhere near large enough as a statistical sample. You'd need every player from an entire country for something like fifty years to have a sample which you could be confident in. Because remember, its not merely the number of decisions that have to even out - its the repercussions from those decisions that have to even out too. Getting a new life for a #9 who got out the next ball anyway doesn't matter as much as an opening batsman who put on 200 after his chance.
Again, it's just not a big deal to me.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Agree with the West Indian one (I can't remember which one of those islands you're from... :D).

I have no issue with people supporting teams in the English premiership when they're from places like NZ, or even supporting a non-NZ team in the A-League, NBL, or ARL. Those are professional competitions. What I can't understand is why someone would support a national team in direct competition with their own - it's as though they have no pride in being a resident of their own country.
Jamaica

Thanks for all the support Zac, you are bloke mate but before this issue creates any more fuss let me clarify my stand.
Look guys i would support anything i like and nobody can do a **** about that, sorry about sounding a bit rude but this topic really irritates me it is completly my choice which team i support and why i do it, i am not pulling down India or neither am i asking anybody to support the Australian cricket team.
My mom is from Australian origin so i have a lot of relatives living in Australia and i just love the culture and people of Australia and the same could be said about the Australian team i just love the way they play and with the attitude they play so i don't see why anybody from among you should have a problem with that.
Understandable that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
people are suggesting buckner is umpiring for Australia's benefit, just wondering why? isn't he just a crap umpire? (i know nothing of him)
He's a substandard umpire. I think only one person is claiming he is umpiring for Australia's benefit and I wouldn't pay attention to him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It is to players whose livelihoods are on the line TBH. Anyway, good session of cricket ahead hopefully.
Nah, cricket is a game. They dealt with it in the past, we can deal with it now. Almost wish we didn't have snicko and super slow-mo and everything else. Guess I'm more Parkinson than SilentStriker.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't support any team then. If you like Australia better than India/England/ whatever your home country is because of how Australia play or you hate aspects of your country's cricket so don't want to support them, that's cool. be a neutral then and a fan of cricket. Only choice in that situation. No justification for supporting another team.
There is justification though, such as the development of cricket in that country, the personality, team-work and attitude displayed by the team, the prescence of several favourite players etc. People have the choice to support whatever team or country they like, and I think it would be very silly to say "You can't support any country other than your own", as it would prevent some people from enjoying the game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, cricket is a game. They dealt with it in the past, we can deal with it now.
Cricket is a game, but its also people's profession and livelihood. They dealt with it in the past because they had no choice. We deal with it because we are too attached to outdated conventions.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really. One of the reasons I love cricket is because it's such a human game. Bunch of people, a park, a ball and bit of wood. Closer it stays to that the better for mine.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Thats your opinion. For mine, the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't really apply because it is broke.
Technology is proving these "human" decisions wrong time and time again which detracts from the creditability of the game as well as creating conspiracies

Laurrz

International Debutant
Superb two sessions of cricket, with the Indian bowlers really doing a magnificent job, especially RP. I don't think many would have predicted this with their best bowler out.

Not to take much away from India, but the Australian batsmen have been pretty poor on what supposedly has been a pretty flat pitch. Ponting looked like he was going to get out any minute and should have been out much earlier than he was. Credit to Symonds and Hogg though, riding their luck but playing some impressive shots.

Tbh, the umpiring has been woeful, the one for and one against Ponting and the Symonds let off were all shockers. Anyways, exciting Test ahead.

Edit: haven't read the thread but looking at Faaip's post a page back I'm not sure I want to.
not as flat as everyone may think IMO
some very good bounce that could aid bowlers ..find the edge etc. we shall see

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving Hogg's two shots after tea to go past 50 (and the 50 itself), very very disappointed with his 'celebration'. He looked a little shocked! :laugh: