• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was only a year and a bit ago (I think) that Aus decided to bat M Marsh as their permanent no.3 in ODIs, and he did ok. But that was before Smith became good and he didn't last long before getting injured.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible crowd today. They can't even sell out an India match in Sydney?

edit: On a Saturday as well.

TheJediBrah

If we can get rid of Finch and S Marsh, get Khawaja and Lynn in the team, and get Nevill or anyone who can keep instead of Wade then we'd have our best batting side IMO

dermo

International Vice-Captain
If we can get rid of Finch and S Marsh, get Khawaja and Lynn in the team, and get Nevill or anyone who can keep instead of Wade then we'd have our best batting side IMO
no doubt wade is a rubbish keeper but imo he's the best suited to the lower order hitter role they've got him playing

TheJediBrah

Didn't know Deano was commentating for Indian networks, but I'd say he probably feels like his job depends on him gushing over the Indian team and players

TheJediBrah

no doubt wade is a rubbish keeper but imo he's the best suited to the lower order hitter role they've got him playing
Yes but do you really need him to do that role when you've got Faulkner at 8? Surely the difference in dropped catches/runs saved would be worth more than the difference Wade would provide over a Nevill batting at 7 or 8.

Blanco

Cricket Spectator
Nah reckon Maxwell for S.Marsh and Faulkner at 7, Wade 8 is the best odi batting line up. Thing is there are several players who could single handedly win a game off their own bat and most importantly they bat deep. Dangerous batting team.

TheJediBrah

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Maxwell

Khawaja, Warner, Smith, Bailey, Maxwell, M Marsh, Faulkner, WK (Wade I guess)

Finch dropped, Lynn as back-up batsman

vcs

Bumrah has great figures in the context of the match. Watch him go for 25 runs in his last over now.