• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Valer

First Class Debutant
My grandparents had booked flights and accommodation to Adelaide for the Test. Was going to be their first cricket outside NSW for 25 years, and I don't think they're going at all now.. not a good result for them either.

Cancelling the Brisbane Test was a far better idea than rescheduling literally every Test.
Barring issues with stakeholders forcing it to be played I'd cancel it over moving all the other tests.

However the nature and amount of cricket being played at the Gabba probably doesn't help.

(For reference)

T20i v SA
-
ODIs vs SA
-
Tests vs IND
1st test (Proposed removal)

Tri-series
Eng vs India

World Cup

Aus vs Bang

Ireland vs UAE.

Pak vs Zimb

I guess Ireland vs the UAE might be close...

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah unless you think literally all ODIs outside of major tournaments in meaningless it's odd to complain about this one.

Valer

First Class Debutant
I think Tangles is trying to suggest that no-one will really care about the results in say 6 months time.

However its probably better practice that a bunch of warm-up games and the momentum going into the WC could be key.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tests > ODI. WC > other ODIs. Obviously CA doesn't agree. I don't follow the ODI stuff between WCs but I'd be surprised if we didn't know what our team was going to be. If it was only Aus and India it would be less of an issue to move Brisbane and cut 1 or 2 ODIs but I can see they are stuck because it's much harder to trim games in a tri-series.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
England were great in that ODI tournament in Sharjah where Adam Holliake captained. Side had Dougie Browne. So could play.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Does anyone know how to get the Aussie cricket fixtures to sync to google calendar with this new ****fest of a CA.com.au website?

edit: found it but they haven't updated it to the new fixtures anyway.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who designed that thing?

Unbelievable that it passed muster as it is a complete cluster-**** and simply serves as motivation to use cricinfo more

Jakester1288

International Regular
The update is simply so bad, I haven't heard from anyone who likes it at all. I used to use CA for domestic scores but now I just use cricinfo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My grandparents had booked flights and accommodation to Adelaide for the Test. Was going to be their first cricket outside NSW for 25 years, and I don't think they're going at all now.. not a good result for them either.

Cancelling the Brisbane Test was a far better idea than rescheduling literally every Test.
Yeah its one of those things where I think you can disagree with the CA decision, but at the same time just not really raise a stink about it. Its just one of those things where either decision was going to inconvenience/upset some people.

FBU

International Debutant
Ryan Harris will decide after the funeral if he is up to playing in the 1st Test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just thinking about this further, losing a whole test match would have left a massive financial hole right? I'm not saying that is necessarily what made them change the schedule instead of just cancelling Brisbane, but surely the difference in TV revenue from 4 tests against India instead of 3 is significant. Far bigger than a loss of gate receipts because of shifts to SCG and other tests.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
ive had to change flights and whatnot to get to the adelaide test, so its been a bit of a **** around but given whats happened it's a much bigger effort for the australian boys to even put their hands up to play

if i can make it riggins has no excuse