• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't watch the game today. What was Yadav's problem? Was he spraying it around? Bowling wrong length? Not bowling according to field?

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin has actually matured as a stock bowler outside SC IMO. We can't expect our spinner to be the main striker in Australia.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reports say David Warner is unhappy with Joe Burns and Steve Smith because he had planned to spend tomorrow playing Paper Mario on Project64 in the locker room

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Burns is amazing.
Yeah this. When Smith fell I had a slight feeling we wouldn't be on course for a solid lead given how shaky Burns had been against Ashwin and Haddin's poor form. Much to his credit even after the missed stumping young Joe still looked to use his feet and score off Ashwin. The over where he got 4,4 and 6 against Ashwin set the tone for the awesome hitting that would come and ensured Australia were on course for quick runs.

Also, how good was Rogers today. Yeah he's not been getting hundreds sadly but when Warner got out and Ashwin looked to be ripping it with the new ball I feared he would fall cheaply. Somehow scrapped through and played at a quick pace too. Essentially did a Warner.

biased indian

International Coach
Even though our bowlers have been utter trash this stat speaks a lot about the pitches and the way the batsmen have been able to dominate

0 Number of previous instances where both teams have gone past 400 in the first innings of each Test in a series of three or more Tests. Both Australia and India have each posted 400-plus scores in the first innings of every Test this series, with Australia going past 500 on each occasion.

BWSport

Cricket Spectator
I don't think Australia will be able to bowl India out on the final day. While this had the potential to be a pretty thrilling last day I think it will teeter out to be a pretty tame draw

Gob

International Coach
spikey if your thinking about reading that thread about tons, don't do it
I read through the whole thing.

my take on it is that Blocky and WW should participate in a hunger games like contest with the winner getting to eat those black berries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think Australia will be able to bowl India out on the final day. While this had the potential to be a pretty thrilling last day I think it will teeter out to be a pretty tame draw
Overcast conditions today could be good for bowling and the pitch is definitely offering a bit more for the bowlers. Hopefully it doesn't rain..

Riggins

International Captain
Overcast conditions today could be good for bowling and the pitch is definitely offering a bit more for the bowlers. Hopefully it doesn't rain..
It's been absolutely pouring here all night, and looks like there's about to be more.