• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Midwinter

State Captain
Do you think that the media/publics reaction to the decision to accept a draw, and not play out the game, in order to win the series in the last test has influenced Australia's decision to go for the runs and hopefully a win in this game ?

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Probably a bit, but in this sort of situation (dead rubber etc.) I think they always would have sought out a win. I'd love to see them come out and stonewall until 6pm though.

Debris

International 12th Man
Yeah this. When Smith fell I had a slight feeling we wouldn't be on course for a solid lead given how shaky Burns had been against Ashwin and Haddin's poor form. Much to his credit even after the missed stumping young Joe still looked to use his feet and score off Ashwin. The over where he got 4,4 and 6 against Ashwin set the tone for the awesome hitting that would come and ensured Australia were on course for quick runs.

Also, how good was Rogers today. Yeah he's not been getting hundreds sadly but when Warner got out and Ashwin looked to be ripping it with the new ball I feared he would fall cheaply. Somehow scrapped through and played at a quick pace too. Essentially did a Warner.
I have a suspicion the poor conversion rate to hundreds has a lot to do with his age. He just struggles to maintain the level of effort required for long periods of time. Not really a concern though as he is doing exactly what you want from an opener, blunting the new ball in basically every innings he plays.

Debris

International 12th Man
Probably a bit, but in this sort of situation (dead rubber etc.) I think they always would have sought out a win. I'd love to see them come out and stonewall until 6pm though.
That is a terrible attitude. It essentially does not matter whether they win or lose but you want them to come out and try and bore everyone to death.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's almost impossible to get, with the pitch and a chance of showers and the fact that it's India overseas. But India should go for it. Who cares if you lose 3-0 instead of 2-0?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interested to see how this chase takes place. Very strong start from India but as others point out, these things can bust fairly quickly.