• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2018

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Love hearing about things happening on a grassroots level, thanks for the info *****.

cnerd123

likes this
Hey *****, can you explain this?

I would have thought that a small street food type stand or two would have been a smart idea.
The general admission ticket is cheap (100hkd) and the ground is tiny. Plus the HKCA is extremely short staffed, so my guess is trying to arrange food stalls at the match was too much of a logistical challenge.

The VIP booths and gazebos are pimped out tho. Free flowing alcohol and buffets. Expensive as hell. I think they'll bring in some decent income for the HKCA.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea they've been discussing it since last year. I think the idea was to use the Scotland game and the T20 Blitz to prove to sponsors that cricket is a viable product here and that people want to watch it.

They're also opening up a couple of new grounds soon, they've got umpiring and scoring courses in place, they're seeking feedback on the existing domestic cricket structure, and the National team is doing as well as they ever have. Really is exciting times in HK Cricket :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good stuff.. hope it develops more interest and brings in money to take Hong Kong cricket forward.

cnerd123

likes this
There were about 200 people in the general admissions area when Scotland came over, and I think they could have fit in even more. But back then they were all standing and it was free entry to anyone who walks in. I actually have no idea if they have seating in place now, and whats the number they have capped the General Admissions at.

They had 10 special tents up for sale; which included a buffet lunch and an esky of beers for 10 people each. Those are sold out, so that's 100 people on each day. Then there are the VIP tents, and my understanding is they have one for each Franchise. At the Scotland game the VIP tent only had about 10-15 people in it, so going off that there should be abother 40-60 people in the VIP tents.

So I'm guessing a total audience of atleast 300 people. not including all the players/officials/media/volunteers and HKCA staff.

Should be a nice atmosphere :D

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

cnerd123

likes this
that wasn't broadcast on the stream sadly. The highlights would have been quite something.

Its currently grey and overcast as I make my way to the ground. Lets hope the rain stays away!

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah he bowled heaps of first grade cricket towards the end of his Australian domestic career and I don't see why this would be any better standard than that.
These sides are all loaded with bowling options and they probably felt some the local lads would understand the conditions better.

And yes its a pretty tiny ground. I'll try to take some pics today :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
These sides are all loaded with bowling options and they probably felt some the local lads would understand the conditions better.
Yeah, I can't imagine Simmons being annoyed about it either; just found it surprising. Perhaps he'll get a bowl when he plays a match longer than five overs. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've started watching this now. My first impression is that the pitch is good. Michael Clarke made just 6 (7).

Are these matches counted in T20 records? I would assume they are..

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've started watching this now. My first impression is that the pitch is good. Michael Clarke made just 6 (7).

Are these matches counted in T20 records? I would assume they are..
I highly doubt it.

Seems to be a lot of Australians playing. Clarke's batting again right now it looks like.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Will Sheridan and Michael Hill taking time off their jobs at CrownBet to head over.

Sheridan getting six figures to play for a local side in Melbourne for next three years.