• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2018

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Will Sheridan and Michael Hill taking time off their jobs at CrownBet to head over.

Sheridan getting six figures to play for a local side in Melbourne for next three years.
6 figures to play grade cricket? I know the Aussie peso taken a hit against the £ but....

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
6 figures to play grade cricket? I know the Aussie peso taken a hit against the £ but....
There's a hell of a lot more highly-paid players in local club cricket than Grade cricket

As far as I know the number of players actually getting paid anything at all in Grade cricket is negligible

turnstyle

State 12th Man
There's a hell of a lot more highly-paid players in local club cricket than Grade cricket

As far as I know the number of players actually getting paid anything at all in Grade cricket is negligible
Didn't realise there was that much money sloshing around in park cricket. Why? Does anyone care about park cricket flags?

The top guys at my old grade club back in oz got paid but we were a pretty loaded.

cnerd123

likes this
So the rain has completely wrecked the field, and play has been abandoned for the day.

:(

That pretty much it for the Blitz it seems. So disappointing.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't realise there was that much money sloshing around in park cricket. Why? Does anyone care about park cricket flags?

The top guys at my old grade club back in oz got paid but we were a pretty loaded.
Don't get me wrong, 100,000+ over 3 years is hardly the norm

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The HK T20 Blitz on par with the BBL and PSL

So good
Except Kumar can't get a game for his BBL franchise and he will likely be the star player in the Blitz.

I'm just kidding though, it is great that he and Afridi have signed. I remember watching a bit of one of Clarke's innings last year. Is this going to be screened on YouTube or somewhere else? Has HK managed to sell the TV rights to make a bit more from it?

cnerd123

likes this
It'll definitely be broadcast. I think on Youtube like last year, but haven't heard anything official. I hope if they sell the rights they still get it on Youtube for free access, atleast within HK. It's so much more convenient for weekday games too, people can stream from their desks at work.

It's hard to take seriously a tournament that has its ground "destroyed" by rain. Hit and giggle stuff basically and certainly nothing to follow seriously. At this stage I'm quite happy to toss it in the who cares basket where it belongs. Hope you enjoy it all the same though. :huh: