• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group C Discussion - Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Lol Mendis.

I thought Zimbabwe were improving the past couple of years but they seem to have gone in the opposite direction recently based of this awful performance.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say Mendis, J looks a useful cricketer. Decent control for a wrist spinner and has a well-disguised Bosie too.

93/9 with just Mpofu to come...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, not a great contest, tbf.

Zim really let themselves down, as santimonious an old prick as that makes me sound.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not the perfect outing SL would have wanted, although the scorecard suggests otherwise. Batting was patchy. Munaweera at the top couldn't get going, hopefully he can adjust quickly. Ground fielding was abysmal as well, lots of direct hits missed, sloppy outfielding and throws not getting collected cleanly. A better team would have made SL pay.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mpofu out for Price (and quite right too) and yer Saffers prefer some random (Farhaan Behardien, ftr; never seen the boy play) to Ontong & du Plessis.

Watchful stuff from the Zimba openers; just a short single off Steyn's first over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sibanda brings out a big, expansive drive to a full one.

& misses. Morkel cleans him up. 2/1. Taylor to the crease.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardly a bumper crowd, is it? Almost more people on the field than in the stands from the shots I've seen.

BeeGee

International Captain
Oh great. No upsets in the first round of games, so far. That means the early upset will be Bangladesh beating NZ. :@
I blame Afghanistan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huh. Kallis suddenly on a hat-trick. Plumbest LBW ever, quite possibly.

EDIT: Not the worst hat-trick ball you'll see either; 85mph and tailing in, but Cremer good enough to keep it out.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My word, Heath Streak's got into his pies in a big way since he hung his bowling spikes up, hasn't he?

Ervine holding this together.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A fourth for Kallis. Perfectly directed bouncer that cramps Ervine for room as he tried to lob it over de Villiers.

4/8 from three overs now. Might just make a cricketer, the boy. :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
They never had a prayer of going through from this group or even of causing an upset, but it was important for the Zim boys to compete and give a good account of themselves. Failing to make 100 in either game, it's hard to say that they have - and they'll be out before England, Bangladesh, Pakistan and New Zealand have played a match.