• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group B Discussion

smash84

The Tiger King
well played by WI....a horrible display by Pakistan.....their NRR will also take a bit of a hit I reckon

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be honest, Pak bowling is looking all kinds of awesome.. If the batsmen can put together 220+ scores, Pak will be a real threat.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Brilliant win for us!!..we've been crap in ODI's away from home in recent times (losing to Bang last year was a complete embarrassment) and i haven't really held much hope of us doing well in this competition, especially after the loss to Aus in the warm up game. But i guess the guys gained some confidence after beating Sri-lanka the other day in the second warm up match and they came out today full of beans. When Roach is in that mood he's as good as anyone imo, and it was shocking how Ramdin dropped Huq to deny him his 4th wicket.

Sunil also came to the party and it's very encouraging that he seems to be adapting to different conditions now, he done well in Australia earlier this year and again now he's making the ball talk in England. I pray he finally finds himself at test level sooner rather than later. Our batting wasn't the best but credit has to go to pak, they certainly have a damn good attack and it was always gonna be tough, but we came through it and what i'm finding encouraging is our boys are starting to thrive in hostile environments, they had the crowd against them today and they brought it home and the same happened in the t20 final.

I just hope we can nick another win from the next two games and then after that anything is possible.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Seriously, what losers!!!!!! Only Misbah and Jamshed made the runs, whilst the rest are on holiday in England. Why do we persist with the same garbage like the fake Professor, Fart and Mr Sania Mirza?

smash84

The Tiger King
Seriously, what losers!!!!!! Only Misbah and Jamshed made the runs, whilst the rest are on holiday in England. Why do we persist with the same garbage like the fake Professor, Fart and Mr Sania Mirza?
Hafeez is there more for his bowling now it seems......fart though is a different matter altogether....and Misbah owes Sania Mirza big time.....she was the one who brought him back from the wilderness

AaronK

State Regular
it is just funny how cricinfo calling pak favorite.. with what. they can't bat to put up 200 runs...

no umar akmal, afridi, and razzaq. I don't see them qualifying to semis.

.who in their right mind would play malik and akmal in English conditions.. look at their track record against fast bowlers.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
it is just funny how cricinfo calling pak favorite.. with what. they can't bat to put up 200 runs...

no umar akmal, afridi, and razzaq. I don't see them qualifying to semis.

.who in their right mind would play malik and akmal in English conditions.. look at their track record against fast bowlers.
You want to replace garbage with more garbage. Afridi is one if the most useless players ever and Razzaq stopped being good a long time ago. However Ukmal does deserve to play, can't have any worse brain farts than these idiots.

Bouncer

State Regular
You want to replace garbage with more garbage. Afridi is one if the most useless players ever and Razzaq stopped being good a long time ago. However Ukmal does deserve to play, can't have any worse brain farts than these idiots.

Interesting you brought up Razaaq and Afridi...Here is how I saw the similarity between Misbah/Hafeez and Razzaq/Afridi when Hafeez was given T20 captaincy.

Hafeez please stop! | Cricistan - The Territory of Pakistan Cricket

I am afraid to report it but the way I see it Misbah and Hafeez are like Afridi and razzak of 2007 on wards, selfish, making every move thinking about their own selves first and then the team's interest.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
This tournament has been great so far ... People are saying the trophy doesn't count but the way teams are playing suggest they are desperate to win more than any cup in recent times. And the format is great too - just consider that Pakistan and SA will already be playing their most important game.. No room to take a rest.

AaronK

State Regular
i would take razzaq and afridi any day over malik and Kamran akmal.. I understand pak may not have any other option.. but just saying.. both razzaq and afridi better option than malik and Kamran akmal.. hell hand umar akmal the gloves and he would do a better job not only in batting but wicket keeping than Kamran akmal.