• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group B Discussion

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Roach only impresses more and more every time I see him.
Pakistan batting is hilarious tbh and seems to get worse every time I watch them
lol I wonder if these two things are connected in some way? What sort of score should Pakistan aim for now? Misbah being let off could mean the difference between Pakistan getting all out 140 or them making 230 which is the total I think they should realistically be aiming for.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It looks very weak..Would have been better with Umar Akmal.. Need 1 or 2 bowling allrounders too along with Hafeez..How good are the bowlers with the bat? Saw somewhere that Riaz can bat.. in the 'Ashwin can bat' category..
Shoaib Malik is an all rounder so it means they have 3 good quicks and 3 spinners of varying ability. Bowlers are quite ordinary with the bat but Wahab Riaz can give it a real whack, but you wouldn't want him in before the 45th over really.

smash84

The Tiger King
Shoaib Malik is an all rounder so it means they have 3 good quicks and 3 spinners of varying ability. Bowlers are quite ordinary with the bat but Wahab Riaz can give it a real whack, but you wouldn't want him in before the 45th over really.
Wahab has improved but he is like a Wasim Akram with the bat (which isn't that great) and yes you wouldn't want him before the 43rd over at least

Irfan isn't playing today so the bowling is not as strong as it could have been.

At this point Pakistan would take anything over 200. Anything over 225 might be a good score given Pakistan's bowling

Edit: Irfan is playing. Then anything over 200 could be competitive for the WI, provided Pak bowlers don't bowl like SA's yesterday

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
and Shoaib Malik isn't really an allrounder. His batting and bowling both suck.

He is in the side because he was the one who brought back Misbah from the wilderness. Misbah owes him big time.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
With Gayle in the opposition I don't see how any team can be comfortable in this position. But Pakistan is batting like 220 is a safe score. Add Pollard and you see why they need to push more.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
and Shoaib Malik isn't really an allrounder. His batting and bowling both suck.

He is in the side because he was the one who brought back Misbah from the wilderness. Misbah owes him big time.
I agree with this..I don't rate him highly.. But somehow, he always brings his A-game against India..

smash84

The Tiger King
I agree with this..I don't rate him highly.. But somehow, he always brings his A-game against India..
He has to go home remember :p

Shoaib Malik's example is like Irfan Pathan's who would be anally screwed by every team but he would **** the **** out of the Pakistan batting

smash84

The Tiger King
With Gayle in the opposition I don't see how any team can be comfortable in this position. But Pakistan is batting like 220 is a safe score. Add Pollard and you see why they need to push more.
The problem is that Pakistan can't afford to lose any wickets. If they lose wickets now they might not even get to 200 hence they are batting like this. And the bowling is comparable to the best attacks out there so Misbah knows that if Pakistan cross 200 they are in with a chance especially with a team like WI who can collapse just like Pakistan

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shoaib is an all rounder. Maybe not a very good one but he is definitely in the team for his batting and bowling.

WI are bowling well, Pakistan can't afford to lose a wicket and I think they'd be happy enough if they are 85-3 from 25 overs, then look to lift the run rate.