• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Gob

International Coach
Stocks of Accuweather Pvt Ltd must have gone high. They were the only ones predicting something similar

And according to them, play is possible from 2 to 4

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Stocks of Accuweather Pvt Ltd must have gone high. They were the only ones predicting something similar

And according to them, play is possible from 2 to 4
This is good for me as it’s 9am here. Get up>watch England win>drink mojitos to celebrate

• Love
Reactions: Gob

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
So far, 91 overs have been lost in this test. Obviously we lost a lot today to the weather but over 30 we're lost in the 1st 3 days.

So in effect, with the weather being poor tomorrow, we'll be lucky to get 3 and a half days play in.

Yes the weather is mainly to blame but slow over rates don't help either. You can't blame Oz for slowing things down but we should have done more.

On a more general point over rates are a disgrace and its about time the ICC took the issue seriously.

loterry1994

International Debutant
So far, 91 overs have been lost in this test. Obviously we lost a lot today to the weather but over 30 we're lost in the 1st 3 days.

So in effect, with the weather being poor tomorrow, we'll be lucky to get 3 and a half days play in.

Yes the weather is mainly to blame but slow over rates don't help either. You can't blame Oz for slowing things down but we should have done more.

On a more general point over rates are a disgrace and its about time the ICC took the issue seriously.
In my opinion fines, docking wtc points will
Never be enough as well as match bans. I think there should be a rule to just bowl all the overs and extend the time more in the last session till it’s done. I mean most countries have good enough light to bowl all the way till 7.30-8pm anyway. If teams can’t bowl the overs in time then punish them and give them more time out there to bowl them

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In my opinion fines, docking wtc points will
Never be enough as well as match bans. I think there should be a rule to just bowl all the overs and extend the time more in the last session till it’s done. I mean most countries have good enough light to bowl all the way till 7.30-8pm anyway. If teams can’t bowl the overs in time then punish them and give them more time out there to bowl them
this works in theory, but then if the team out there has only just gone to field then you’re punishing them for their opponent’s failure.

loterry1994

International Debutant
this works in theory, but then if the team out there has only just gone to field then you’re punishing them for their opponent’s failure.
yeah that’s true in that case. I just don’t think anything works right now. What would you suggest? Because thing with over rates I don’t think a lot of the time teams are trying to waste time. A lot of things go to play like if you bowl seamers for 95% of the day or if a teams smashing youfor a high run rate there’s not much you can do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah that’s true in that case. I just don’t think anything works right now. What would you suggest? Because thing with over rates I don’t think a lot of the time teams are trying to waste time. A lot of things go to play like if you bowl seamers for 95% of the day or if a teams smashing youfor a high run rate there’s not much you can do.
Honestly I don’t know. Things like penalty runs - but we have to be careful as it’s not 100% in the fielding side’s control is it

loterry1994

International Debutant
Honestly I don’t know. Things like penalty runs - but we have to be careful as it’s not 100% in the fielding side’s control is it
thing I don’t like with penalty runs though it’s kind of like yeah these guys haven’t really earnt it. That’s the thing it’s hard to police it.just say you’re like 3 overs behind the end the day how many runs would you even add. I think most captains just say they concede 10 runs for that they aren’t giving a toss about it as well that’s just runs the other team could of made anyway if you bowled enough overs

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer

Yeah fines are pointless and no deterrent

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
There's no solution to slow over rates that is going to be perfect, but the current situation can't be allowed to continue.

Yesterday was typical. I think we were about 12 overs short. When play finished conditions were fine yet off go the players.

80 overs per day, even with the extra half hour has become the norm, certainly in England.

My concern is what will be the norm in 5 or 10 years time. Will it be 75 overs, or even less.

Unless something is done, that's were
we are heading.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Hopefully we can get 2-3 hours tomorrow. If we do and Oz hold on, take it on the chin and look to tie the series at The Oval. But if we get on and get an early breakthrough you’d back us to get the job done.
Should Brook have taken catch to dismiss Marsh

loterry1994

International Debutant
I think a big problem also is teams have to many chats to their bowlers like the captain will go to his bowler to have a chat every few deliveries. Or another bowler will talk to the guy who’s bowling the current over. Think they need to reduce that. You have like 30-40 chats a day that’s already like 4-5 overs that could of been bowled.

Umpires and ICC need to be more strict on it