• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia were the better team in the 09 Ashes be quite a margin. One of cricket history's biggest travesties
Oz were better in two matches, England in two and for the bulk of another. It’s such a strange line of argument to persist with

loterry1994

International Debutant
Haha big Monty saving a test for England in Cardiff I remember like 5-6 years ago seeing him at some random pub in Sydney with his team mates after they had just finished a club game was the most random thing

loterry1994

International Debutant
He used to be a decent nightwatchman. Seems a strange thought now
they use to say that about broady as well. But honestly jimmy ain’t close to being the worse of number 11s these days the tail are much more smarter in sticking around

Gob

International Coach
Anyway it looks as if there is a window from 11 to 12 but I doubt they'd be able to get the ground right after all the overnight rain. Another break from 2 to 3 so that's probably the play would happen and it's rain again afterwards

Above is according to Accuweather. Met Office offers play from 2 pm to 6 pm. If you go by weather. com, they could decide the fate of the Ashes from rowing

Bah I give up. Think there will be play and the game will be decided by the new ball

Gob

International Coach
they use to say that about broady as well. But honestly jimmy ain’t close to being the worse of number 11s these days the tail are much more smarter in sticking around
Broad got hit by an Indian seamer who's name escapes me. Never been the same since

loterry1994

International Debutant
Anyway it looks as if there is a window from 11 to 12 but I doubt they'd be able to get the ground right after all the overnight rain. Another break from 2 to 3 so that's probably the play would happen and it's rain again afterwards

Above is according to Accuweather. Met Office offers play from 2 pm to 6 pm. If you go by weather. com, they could decide the fate of the Ashes from rowing

Bah I give up. Think there will be play and the game will be decided by the new ball
met office is absolute horse crap it said like 90% chance rain most periods like two hours ago now it’s saying like 50-60% during the afternoon. Watch it change again in an hour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Basically the fate of the urn rests on Mitch marsh

loterry1994

International Debutant
Broad got hit by an Indian seamer who's name escapes me. Never been the same since
It’s actually crazy how much damage that did to his batting career then Johnson finished it off guy was close to an all rounder back then. After that it was a bouncer every now and then to broad to becoming 5 bouncers an over to him lol

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s actually crazy how much damage that did to his batting career then Johnson finished it off guy was close to an all rounder back then. After that it was a bouncer every now and then to broad to becoming 5 bouncers an over to him lol
Think Johnson was before the Indian seamer. But the combination definitely killed him off.

Had a lot of promise as a youngster with the bat, but as his bowling got better his batting went the other way. Prioritised the right one I’d say.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think Johnson was before the Indian seamer. But the combination definitely killed him off.

Had a lot of promise as a youngster with the bat, but as his bowling got better his batting went the other way. Prioritised the right one I’d say.
That bloke was the next kallis In the making lol. Think he wore one those helmets like Carberry use to wear that had the pointy top and the grill it was bigger somehow the ball went through

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In difficult circumstances I think we did OK to hang on (even on a flat deck). Shame Marnus got out before the rain came again, but still a good innings. At the very least, it means that we might make England bat again.

Tomorrow’s forecast is hard to call but it sounds like we may be lucky to get any play at all. Then again I said similar things about today….