• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm, wouldn't mind a wicket here, need to keep taking regular poles, I'd be worried about chasing anything over 200 tbh

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being honest if at 11am this morning i'd been told we'd be the equivalent of 50-3 after bowling them out i'd have thought we'd done well as I expected the Aussies to get 300+. As it is 50-3 is wide open, one decent spell of bowling or a decent partnership may win the match. Just hope the rain expected tomorrow doesn't mean a result is unlikely.

England certainly batting with more positive intent in the 2nd innings. Maybe realising that the pitch will eventually get you so get runs while you can.

91Jmay

International Coach
Beauty of a shot from Belly. Another big score here could cement his Man of the Series award.

EDIT - on reflection way to edgy!

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
England really have stepped up gears in this innings...following a template similar to that of Australia's batting innings, i.e. steady runs even though it results in a few wickets. Any score over 250 would be very good here but with at least Rogers in form you never know...

91Jmay

International Coach
Bairstow should just have a go when he comes in. A streaky 30 could be vital, don't recon he will last long anyway.

Riggins

International Captain
i hate how the comms bang on about the field being out for kp to stop him scoring quickly. surely it's because his plan A against the spinners has been, all series and his career, to try and impose himself and hit them around early. dropping the field would be to try and force him to take a different approach, which he may be less comfortable with. everything doesn't always have to be just about stopping boundaries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wonder why Sky has stopped using the top 10 run scorers and top 10 wicket takers for the series graphic lately? They seemed to be putting it on the screen often during the first couple of Tests.