• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

91Jmay

International Coach
Aha if Tony Hill turned up to ump my game tomorrow I wouldn't pay that **** subs. That's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't Harris mooted as an all rounder when he came into the side last Ashes? Sure his FC batting average was hovering around 30 at one point.
Can't remember but, if so, probably a hang-over of when he was selected as a bowling all-rounder for SA. Was an all-rounder, though, by virtue of his batting being a bit better but his bowling much worse back then. Since then, batting's dipped a bit and, well, his bowling could be said to have advanced a smidge.

I think what convinced him to give bowling more of a go was when he first faced Lee, remember having the convo with him where he said he didn't actually see a single ball he faced but somehow lived.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Tony Hill surely on notice at the ICC. Has been the face of umpiring controversies this series, most of the DRS decisions wouldn't have even come to pass if he'd ****ing got the real time ones right.

Pension the **** off.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Broad gets the fifer, well deserved.

England look in a good position. Those 3 consecutive fours from Harris dented the session a wee bit, but if their batsmen apply themselves a bit, they good be in a very good position.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
****ing terrible Umpiring. I love the way that the commentators had to suggest inside edge as they saw the ump not giving it out as it was massively bloody plumb.

Would much prefer one Aus and one England Umpire to this.

91Jmay

International Coach
70-4 to 270 all out is pretty standard isn't it? You'd be disappointed at 70-4 at anything less than 250 still. Aussies will be disappointed with that total, they could have batted England out of the game if Haddin/Rogers batted for an hour more than they did.

Johann

School Boy/Girl Captain
Useful lead. I'm worried having seen us chuck away a good position whilst batting in the best conditions of the game

Bird should do well

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad gets the fifer, well deserved.

England look in a good position. Those 3 consecutive fours from Harris dented the session a wee bit, but if their batsmen apply themselves a bit, they good be in a very good position.
They've had the best of the conditions in the first few days and are 30-odd behind...but there doesn't look to be too many demons around today if they can bat well.