• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge, Nottingham - Aug 4-8 - 2021

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Bairstow looked genuinely really good in the second innings, I can't quite believe I am saying it but maybe he should stay in the team. Everything always leads me to the impossible, Joe Root at 3...

Burns
Sibley
Root
Pope
Bairstow
Buttler
Moeen
Yeah it's kinda depressing that the seemingly-failed Bayliss middle order of #intent and white ball superstars might actually still be noticeably better than the younger generation.

I mean, I do like the older guys but it felt like when Silverwood took over we were supposed to be moving on to a brighter new era of Proper Test Cricket. (At least we have Dom Sibley instead of Jason Roy. I guess.)

I really hope Pope can make it in Tests.

Jay London

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bess has been batting at six for Yorkshire. I think it was one of his conditions for signing there.

I'd still rather have Moeen though, both as batter and bowler. Not really sure why Bess was still in the England squad after his struggles in the winter.
Unfortunately Bess hasn't really scored any runs at 6 in the county game. Pity - as his bowling looked to come on loads this year. Can't help thinking that he'd have been better playing a full season (or two) for Yorkshire, captaining the one day side and getting match practice. Sitting in a hotel room seems a real waste.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Still think Pope will come good and there is definitely something in Lawrence as well.
There is something there, but as I've said before he may be the worst starter I've ever seen. Desperately needs to work out a better way to deal with his first few balls. My armchair psychology reading is that he looks a bit too hyped up when he walks out, but I've no idea tbh. Needs to chat to KP.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is something there, but as I've said before he may be the worst starter I've ever seen. Desperately needs to work out a better way to deal with his first few balls. My armchair psychology reading is that he looks a bit too hyped up when he walks out, but I've no idea tbh. Needs to chat to KP.
A regular 2014 Rahane then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He could also chat to his captain, who I think is the only batsman I’ve seen who starts out like a god and gets gradually worse the longer he bats.