• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Never seen a side celebrate a 2-2 draw at home so fervently before

Well not since England last drew 2-2 vs India at home anyway
To quote Rob Mac from always sunny and Wrexham ownership fame.

"I'm finding out than in football some draws are good and some are bad"

Think the same can be said in both the instances you mention.

Has to be Woakes for POTM and Crawley POTS.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Couldn't agree more - so many poor decisions, particularly with LBWs from Wilson - he looked like a dear in the headlights towards the end - he didn't have a clue what he was doing
Wilson's incompetence was on display in that 2019 Headingley test too with that Stokes lbw.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
i don't get this. he was an asshole when he was young but people tend to hate assholes because they don't play for their side. he was not bad in ways that i dislike anyway. smith tho always tries to pull fast ones but even that doesn't make me mad because i am not sure if that is just autistic so idk

not a lot of young upcoming players that are easy to hate except riyan parag and harry brook in world cricket itbt
He's far better than he used to be for sure, but I can't ever bring myself to like the guy.

subshakerz

International Coach
They came back from behind brilliantly but they were also 0-2 down because of some questionable captaincy (first test declaration, not playing Woakes at Lord's) so this is an exaggeration.
I dont think it is. Every captain makes tactical errors and he was against a very good Aussie side but taking the team from 2-0 to almost winning is an unprecedented achievement.

Gob

International Coach
They were absolutely not surviving an hour and a half blocking out the ball darting around like that
Maybe. It's just the frustration of this lot stuffing up big moments all the time. They were 3 down literally an hour ago

Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon you can add have been around for almost a decade now. Marnus and Cummins have been playing for about five years or more what do they have to show? Two near misses in India, last Ashes in England, SA 2018 and this one. For a collection of such fine cricketers, they stuff **** up pretty regularly

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
The fact Aus retained the Ashes even after extremely mediocre performances by most of their players just shows how **** this England team is.
Well it's worth pointing out that in isolation, England drawing The Ashes at home is no real achievement. But coming from behind was-and in the context of how far behind we were last Ashes in Aus.

Kirkut

International Regular
They came back from behind brilliantly but they were also 0-2 down because of some questionable captaincy (first test declaration, not playing Woakes at Lord's) so this is an exaggeration.
Ajinkya Rahane > Stokes the captain by that logic. Much harder to do it away from home.

But no Indian rates Rahane to be the greatest ever captain :laugh:

91Jmay

International Coach
To quote Rob Mac from always sunny and Wrexham ownership fame.

"I'm finding out than in football some draws are good and some are bad"

Think the same can be said in both the instances you mention.

Has to be Woakes for POTM and Crawley POTS.
Nah Woakes/Khawaja POTS split

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Why are the England players and coaches drinking out of tankards like this is a Yorkshire working men's club from the 1950s