• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

91Jmay

International Coach
Like it frustrates me because it's always comes off as sore losing when you point out that the umpiring is beyond incompetent. But really, it's just unacceptable for a sporting event of this magnitude. Joel Wilson was straight up guessing on Day 3, it was a farce. They couldn't even calculate the number of overs remaining correctly ffs.
Nah the decisions have been putrid. 2-2 is a fair result I think. Rain helped us massively yesterday, reckon it would have been over without it our bowlers looked shot.

Definitely for both sides at times, us not being allowed to bowl pace at OT (helped us tbf Root was best bowler) when it was darker here on day 1 from the start was absurd.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gloating is fairly boring. Much more enjoyable to threaten to do it.

But anyone having a go at us celebrating…what kind of idiot doesn’t enjoy their team coming back from 2-0 to tie a series in the last session? It’s pretty ****ing rare and if you can’t enjoy that, maybe don’t bother with sport.

Kirkut

International Regular
Never seen a side celebrate a 2-2 draw at home so fervently before

Well not since England last drew 2-2 vs India at home anyway
More like a moral victory of sorts, this win kind of gives them the psychological assurance that Old Trafford was their's to win and this series should have been a 3-2.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Great from Starc on TMS there. And expect more class from Cummins.

Once Warner has gone this will be the most likeable Australian team in my lifetime by a mile. Get Smith to retire too and I may even actively like them.
I'm on sky hearing Jones interview Broad.

I thought Starc after Lord's was excellent. So be good to hear that.

loterry1994

International Debutant
They were absolutely not surviving an hour and a half blocking out the ball darting around like that
it didn’t dart nearly as much I reckon after Marsh wicket. That draw could of been had if they got over woakes spell there’s no defending the batting today

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Who are the Aussies playing next in tests ?

at home I presume so will Boland be back in the team ?

always felt he would struggle in England but he may be like Woakes and be outstanding in home tests

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well, I'm right on one thing. This match did have a result.

Not at all the one I was expecting or hoping though. Aus batting collapse gave them exactly what they deserve.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Once Warner has gone this will be the most likeable Australian team in my lifetime by a mile.
i don't get this. he was an asshole when he was young but people tend to hate assholes because they don't play for their side. he was not bad in ways that i dislike anyway. smith tho always tries to pull fast ones but even that doesn't make me mad because i am not sure if that is just autistic so idk

not a lot of young upcoming players that are easy to hate except riyan parag and harry brook in world cricket itbt