• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
Yesterday the decisions at the end were beyond a joke. The Anderson LB be gave off his arm was bouncing over another set
Like it frustrates me because it's always comes off as sore losing when you point out that the umpiring is beyond incompetent. But really, it's just unacceptable for a sporting event of this magnitude. Joel Wilson was straight up guessing on Day 3, it was a farce. They couldn't even calculate the number of overs remaining correctly ffs.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Nobody can seriously argue that we didn't deserve to at least draw the series, particularly given the rain at OT.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hell of a series, so enjoyable.

On balance, England probably just the better side across the series, but quite often that doesn't mean much if you don't win enough of the big moments.

I would be surprised if England don't bring Foakes back for any future series', which would be a clear indication that they admit his glovework was probably the difference between being 1 or 2-0 up, and ultimately 0-2 down.

Gob

International Coach
I mean it is what it is, no? It absolutely did not decide the game but it had an enormous impact on it. But "Joel Wilson and Kumar Dharmasena are incompetent" is like being frustrated at the weather; you can do it all you like but it's a fact of life at this point.
Yeah Australia can't complain about luck after OT but these ****s, especially Wilson has to go

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Mel Jones bringing up Yuvraj. Annoyed me.

Liked her before this series. She's been absolutely horrendous.

Tubby has been great in comparison.

Gob

International Coach
can’t whinge about it now that’s just sport it’ll always throw obstacles. Blame the batting collapse near the end cause they had pretty much recovered from the ball change after the early wickets and set themselves up to be in a great position to win
Even draw was an option. Honestly block out hour an half

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Great from Starc on TMS there. And expect more class from Cummins.

Once Warner has gone this will be the most likeable Australian team in my lifetime by a mile. Get Smith to retire too and I may even actively like them.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
I, in all honestly feel the draw is the fair result

Both teams had moments of brilliance , mixed in with some dross

the Aussies visibly were beginning to wobble in every innings after lords and had a lot of collapses

however they did deserve the 2-0 lead and another turning point was the injury to Lyon

overall though England did enough in the last three games to come out with the draw

been fun all

see you at the World Cup
With the huge levels of momentum shift throughout matches and sessions, I think it's about right.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Like it frustrates me because it's always comes off as sore losing when you point out that the umpiring is beyond incompetent. But really, it's just unacceptable for a sporting event of this magnitude. Joel Wilson was straight up guessing on Day 3, it was a farce. They couldn't even calculate the number of overs remaining correctly ffs.
Couldn't agree more - so many poor decisions, particularly with LBWs from Wilson - he looked like a dear in the headlights towards the end - he didn't have a clue what he was doing