• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's a common denominator in all these run outs. At least this time the denominator is the one who's out. WAC he is.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want us to avenge our 2007 home defeat to India in the summer as well. Felt we were pretty unlucky to lose that series tbh; robbed by the rain at Lords and were beaten in the second Test because we lost the toss. For some reason that series still grinds my gears.
:laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
There's a common denominator in all these run outs. At least this time the denominator is the one who's out. WAC he is.
TBF his partners in crime in those runouts haven't displayed the world's best running either

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Khawaja only needs 10 more runs for another Cricinfo (Peter English) article.

More importantly have we heard Dean Jones thoughts on Usman yet?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I reckon they'd still have got there if they'd run properly. Hell, Watson basically walked down the other end and basically made it.

Not running the first properly didn't help either. It was just horrible, horrible, dreadful cricket on every level.
Agreed there was an easy two if they'd gone for it, but given how slowly they ran the first the second wasn't on. Hughes had just turned when Pietersen was just about to pick up, but the pick up and release was so quick that he'd have stood no chance. The sheer comedy of the running has overshadowed a fine piece of fielding.

pskov

International 12th Man
Flintoff on twitter: "If Khawaja gets another 30 odd must be a shoe in for Australian sports personality of the year!"

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yet the same argument was put forward on the South African India thread (i.e. Centurion). Yesterday we had someone saying India deserve to be number 1 as Dhoni is unlucky with tosses and yet when he does win the toss and inserts a side on a greentop they score 350+.

Jacknife

International Captain
Agreed there was an easy two if they'd gone for it, but given how slowly they ran the first the second wasn't on. Hughes had just turned when Pietersen was just about to pick up, but the pick up and release was so quick that he'd have stood no chance. The sheer comedy of the running has overshadowed a fine piece of fielding.
Agreed, the 2 fielders actually didn't seem to pick the ball up straight away, then KP got his foot down, good pick up and spot on throw, while the batsmen didn't seem to notice him.