• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if Clarke is such a good captain why set over 5 an over to win. That isn't even a dangled carrot. Warne will obviously disagree and slate Cook for not bothering to chase it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm in two minds as to what I would enjoy more

A - An incredible victory to seal a 4-0 hammering
B - Cook and Root to refuse to play at anything and finish 18-0

B comes with spontaneous combustion of Warne packaged so...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah look, as much as I admire Clarke's captaincy in general, there's no chance here of an Australian win. Only an English win. I get that it'd be a bit embarrassing to not declare now, but it'd be better than 4-0.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah look, as much as I admire Clarke's captaincy in general, there's no chance here of an Australian win. Only an English win. I get that it'd be a bit embarrassing to not declare now, but it'd be better than 4-0.
na no way. There's pretty much no chance of a win either way, but England sure as hell aren't winning this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am I right in thinking there could be more than 44 overs?

As I type the caption says 'minimum 44' actually

flibbertyjibber

Cook and Root can come out and play shots, have Prior and KP padded up to bat 3 and 4 and keep Trott and Bell back to shut up shop if we lose a few too many early on. May as well attempt to go for it, can't see us losing as we can block up if we lose a few wickets yet could surprise and win 4-0.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Am I right in thinking there could be more than 44 overs?

As I type the caption says 'minimum 44' actually
Given close time is 7pm, they'd have to get 45 overs plus in 2 and a half hours, which is never going to happen really. If they match goes down to the wire, it'll finish at about 7:30.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, **** 'em. Cook & Root to open.

Don't let yourself get trolled into losing just because Warne's a bellend.

I obviously imagined all those times he went round the wicket to right handers when someone got after him, because everything he did was attacking.

andyc

Yeah, actually, hoping England gets in a position to win it and we start wasting time just to see how Cook reacts.

flibbertyjibber

Be funny as **** though if we did chase it down and the press slagged off Clarke for demeaning test cricket by gifting a win for no reason. Funky captain and all that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I obviously imagined all those times he went round the wicket to right handers when someone got after him, because everything he did was attacking.
I'd just send KP out with Cook and then if one of them goes early revert to type.

grecian

Agree, all about the red ink for me.

Block.