• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Euro 2008

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm tipping Italy tbh, though France are probably second favourites in my book. Spain also look good on paper but if history is anything to go by, they will bottle it. Germany not too strong IMO, though now I've said that watch them win it.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'm not going to bother watching another match. The coverage is awful. No colour commentary, and a pretty bland play-by-play.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Well, ESPN India usually sources its stuff from the guys with Andy Gray and Martin Tyler on the microphone, so I was sorta expecting them to be commentating.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aaaah, Sky Sports don't get to show the international tournaments, as I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the government has so far stated that they should remain on terrestrial TV as "crown-jewel" events (the fact that I can get Portugal V Turkey for free but have to pay to watch England in a home Test grates just a little tbh, but that's for another time) so no Andy Gray here

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well, ESPN India usually sources its stuff from the guys with Andy Gray and Martin Tyler on the microphone, so I was sorta expecting them to be commentating.
Martin Tyler was commentating on SBS in Australia last night.

He may switch stations, as SBS don't coverage any matches now until the quarters [I think].

Craig

World Traveller
Pepe of Real Madrid is playing for Portugal, last time I checked he was Brazilian. Anyhow, good coup by Scolari, Pepe's a good defender.
You would be correct. Why he never got a game for Brazil I don't know.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Martin Tyler was commentating on SBS in Australia last night.

He may switch stations, as SBS don't coverage any matches now until the quarters [I think].
SBS will show the following matches.

11 June - Spain v Russia
14 June - Netherlands v France
16 June - Turkey v Czech Republic
17 June - Austria v Germany
18 June - Netherlands v Romania
19 June - Russia v Sweden
30 June - Final

They don't show any of the quarter or semis.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
18 June - Netherlands v Romania <--- almost as bad a choice as TV2 sticking that on instead of Italy v France....

Anyway, reckon Portugal is a bit overrated (lack of finishing, Deco & Petit aren't that great, and Moutinho still to do things on the big stage.) Comfortably better than Turkey though, so looks like my tips of them heading out at the group stage was rash.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

11 June - Spain v Russia
30 June - Final

Wow my mistake, one of my mates was telling lies.

Good lies though, cheers.

Craig

World Traveller
So how much Romanian can you speak young Jamee?

I'm lucky I have Setanta since I can tape the games I want and watch them after work as I please.

irfan

State Captain
C'mon Spain, about time you pulled your finger out and actually make the semis. Here's to hoping. Torres to set the tournament alight.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
So uh... is this not being shown anywhere on Australian TV? I watched the opening match last night and tuned in tonight and there's nothing on. Pretty poor stuff.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Germany to beat Poland convincingly today, but do the same thing as Portugal and peak too early. You heard it here first.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have had a cheeky tenner on Croatia & Germany both winning today. Got 19/10 on Friday & the odds are in to 8/11 now, so I'm obviously not the only one who thought it a steal.

Also had £2 on Ballack as first goalscorer. Throwaway bet, really, but with their group & odds of 40/1 it's rude not to. He takes their pens & most attacking free-kicks, so he's v good value.

EDIT: Meant "top" goalscorer for the tournament, not first. 40/1 really would be good for first goalscorer tonight.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

11 June - Spain v Russia
30 June - Final

So uh... is this not being shown anywhere on Australian TV? I watched the opening match last night and tuned in tonight and there's nothing on. Pretty poor stuff.
SBS are showing the matches I listed above. The rest are being shown on Sentanta I think.

Last edited: