• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, about time we came out winners in one of these high-scorers, hope for a nicer draw in the next round, won't be Plymouth though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing about Leicester, they have two players who in various other times would have been England regulars in Maddison and Barnes, shows how many good players we have that Barnes doesn't get a look in, Maddison is another case, may have pissed on the chips with his own antics previously but there is no denying his ability.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
One thing about Leicester, they have two players who in various other times would have been England regulars in Maddison and Barnes, shows how many good players we have that Barnes doesn't get a look in, Maddison is another case, may have pissed on the chips with his own antics previously but there is no denying his ability.
Maddison not being in the England squad is yet another example of Southgate being clueless.

flibbertyjibber

Maddison not being in the England squad is yet another example of Southgate being clueless.
I think it is like Hales not being in the cricket side, did too many things and decided he wasn't worth the hassle. Personally I'd have him there and in the team ahead of Mount but I don't even think he will make the squad.

Uppercut

Maddison is OK, don’t think I’d have him in the England squad. Just needs a bit more freedom than a better team than Leicester should be giving him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maddison is OK, don’t think I’d have him in the England squad. Just needs a bit more freedom than a better team than Leicester should be giving him.
I reckon he's this year's Jack Grealish. 18 months ago, people were queuing up to tell us that JG should be in the England side, but Southgate didn't like 'personalities'. Nowadays, not so much; more of a pretty apathetic shrug of shoulders and a recognition that he's a useful squad member, nothing more. Instead, we hear the same stuff about Maddison, and that's probably wrong too. There's always one, isn't there.

Uppercut

Maybe, I’d have said Grealish was much better at Villa than Maddison has ever been.

That story got blown way out of proportion, which is what always happens during a tournament. I’d have picked Grealish over Mount but it’s like a 5% upgrade, they’re both good players. People were getting on like it would transform the whole team.

hassan918

Cricket Spectator
Watching Chelsea vs Arsenal at the moment and it is 0-0 at the moment with 60 minutes on the clock. Both teams have not created too many chances so far and the defenses for both teams seem to be doing very well. Speaking of the defence, Chalobah is once again putting on a solid performance for Chelsea who's a part of The Residency where fans can get a chance to speak with him in real. One of my friends in UK already had this experience and if you want to be the next one, you should sign up at The Residency and start earning points to boost your chance to interact with the Chelsea start.