• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Niall

International Coach
United made a game of it in the second half and McTominay showed lots of PASHION so swings and round abouts.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I see there are now Arnautovich rumors and allegedly Utd made an offer for him. It’s a comedy show at this point.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've enjoyed watching Man Utd become 90s Liverpool

Honestly can't see how they negotiate the modern football world to get back on top without first experiencing whatever the 2020s equivalent of the Roy Hodgson season is

Tangles

The Glazers need to go but there’s no easy solution to that. The stock price has to plunge in value to make a buyout plausible. The Gazers just want to make money, the actual football is a side issue. A coach who can give them perennial CL on a budget would be perfect for them.

At one point I wondered if relegation would force them to sell but I don’t think they are stupid enough to let that happen.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember when Ten Hag was fine with Ronaldo leaving because he’s not a good fit for his system? Turns out he heard he wanted out and immediately searched for Ronaldo on Wish.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What the **** is our obsession with stop-gap ageing strikers.
Man City signed Haaland
Liverpool signed Darwin
Arsenal signed Gabriel Jesus
Chelsea signed Sterling
Spurs have Kane and Son
Man Utd want Arnautovic.

One of these is not like the others.

Niall

International Coach
Man City signed Haaland
Liverpool signed Darwin
Chelsea signed Sterling
Spurs have Kane and Son
Man Utd want Arnautovic.

Has he any experience as a holding midfielder, even at a senior level even as a kid? If so he probably does strengthen the team .

Rabiot also been linked also, mother of God.

Uppercut

Man City signed Haaland
Liverpool signed Darwin
Chelsea signed Sterling
Spurs have Kane and Son
Man Utd want Arnautovic.

Gabriel Jesus is not like the others either lol.

Arsenal fans have talked themselves into him sooo hard. If you polled PL fans "Is Gabriel Jesus average?" two months ago it would be 100% yes 0% no. TBH I thought I rated him much higher than most. Apparently now this Shane Long regen who repeatedly churned out 7 and 8 goal seasons playing in front of De Bruyne and various Silvas is gonna transform the club.

Uppercut

It's a shambles, the whole point of Ten Hag was to spend a few years building something sustainable. We play badly in his first game and he's immediately scraping the barrel for quick fixes.

Has Rabiot been any use at Juve? I know he comes with all kinds of weird baggage but he was at least very good at PSG.

Tangles

ETH had said he wanted the right midfielder and would train a youngster for the role if needed. I see that didn’t last.

Ralf said 10 players were needed. So a rebuild where you still need top 4 or you get sacked but won’t get the backing bringing players in and out. Shambles.

Last minute panic transfers is certainly on form.

Niall

International Coach
The spin is Utd have been looking at him for a while and its not a panic move, even if you somehow give them the benefit of the doubt why not sign him earlier,,,not like their was a bidding war for him and obviously similar with Arnutovic. :blink:

I suspect they are praying Garnacho and to a lesser extent Garner can make a serious difference this season.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Rabiot been any use at Juve? I know he comes with all kinds of weird baggage but he was at least very good at PSG.
His reputation has taken a hammering in Italy, so it's worth it for him to move on because he used to be considered quite useful at PSG. As long as they don't overspend to get him, it's worth a punt.

Arnautovic feels like a signing to cover some of that 'the new signings aren't tested in the Premier League' thing. But it'll pretty much just be Shaqiri at Liverpool