• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weird, I was randomly wondering the other day why Lehmann completely gets away with having single-handedly lost you the biggest game in the club's history. This must be why.
Can PTSD and trauma afflict an entire fanbase? Yes, yes it can.

Also Asshole Cole was dire that day. We played Flamini at lb for most of that run and he was excellent. Parachuted Cole back in for the final and he stink it up.

There's more but I don't wanna talk about it

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rewatched the game at the start of lockdown and the main takeaway was that you were a much better team than that Barca side. It's only a couple of years before the revolutionary Guardiola team, but there's no hint of that whatsoever. Arsenal's passing was streets ahead.

duffer

I smoked a lot of weed and watched a lot of CYE and South Park after that game. Going online instantly undid the therapeutic benefits I got from that though

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Weird, I was randomly wondering the other day why Lehmann completely gets away with having single-handedly lost you the biggest game in the club's history. This must be why.
Well, to be fair, we actually took the lead after mad Jens poleaxed Eto'o and it was Alumunia who was beaten twice at his near post.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That game was truly the end of the invincibles era. Pretty sure Bergkamp, Cole, Campbell, Pires, Reyes and Lauren never played for Arsenal again after that night. Apart from Campbell's brief return in 2009 or whenever that was

Jarquis

Well, to be fair, we actually took the lead after mad Jens poleaxed Eto'o and it was Alumunia who was beaten twice at his near post.
Taking an early bath didn’t exactly help the cause and completely ruined Pires’ last game to boot

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bringing on Flamini rather than Senderos when trying to see out the game may also have been non-ideal, in hindsight

duffer

Breaking up the defence that got us there which broke the record for longest time without conceding a goal in CL history at the time was wrong too imo. Get ****ed Cashley

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't seen that game since, but thought at the time the referee spoiled it when he could possibly have given the goal and not sent him off.

Mrs Rooney are Vardy are living proof that it's a bad idea to make airheads think they're important. :tooth:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The whole "ref ruined the game" thing was given a lot of air at the time, but even if one believes that the game was objectively spoiled from a viewing perspective, it's a total red herring. It was one of the most blatant red cards ever.