• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I just don't understand why we played three games with half a team a couple of months back when there were clearly grounds for postponement. Surely that's the way to go. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise tbh
A legit MEN journalist claiming that because Middlesborough were docked 3 points in 96-97 City should be docked points today :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think the day before they basically just rang Blackburn and said they had too many injuries so couldn't play
Was illness but yeah, my memory was that they just went 'we can't field a team so we're not playing' without taking it through the proper channels.

I think the decision to postpone is the right one as I think the situation at City means that they risk things becoming worse if they're forced to carry on as normal.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was illness but yeah, my memory was that they just went 'we can't field a team so we're not playing' without taking it through the proper channels.

I think the decision to postpone is the right one as I think the situation at City means that they risk things becoming worse if they're forced to carry on as normal.
Or spread it to Everton/any other team they play against as well.

The only thing anyone can say negative about it is it was so late when they called it off but it may be that at 10am the test results weren't through so they couldn't.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they call the footy off, it's going to be a ****ing long JAN/Feb. I really hope it doesn't come to that, I'm sorry if I'm being callous, but they're being Tested to high heaven, in bubbles, would have the best treatment if ill. Not aware of any footballer or dependent dying?

Yet I know people are talking about it, and TBH LT has kept on saying we wouldn't get through the last season, yet it's a possibility, and still on our forum our supporters are talking about who we should get in in the Window. Yeah let's get a couple of high waged defenders and pay them to go into another ****ing lockdown.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I'm hearing talk of a 4-6 week total shutdown. Bloody hell last spring when it was like that at least the sun was shining so I could spend the afternoon drinking in my garden.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well our possible last match before Lockdown, waterlogged, nice that we had the expense of travelling up, when the pics showed it was a quagmire. ****ing Welsh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I'm hearing talk of a 4-6 week total shutdown. Bloody hell last spring when it was like that at least the sun was shining so I could spend the afternoon drinking in my garden.
Players have only themselves to blame if it's shut down as there's protocols in place that clearly aren't being followed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Players have only themselves to blame if it's shut down as there's protocols in place that clearly aren't being followed.
Completely disagree tbh. The shutdown may just be a government hammer anyway, but also I'm really not into this blame game with people who catch the virus. We thankfully moved on from doing with HIV, we should certainly not be doing it with this.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Completely disagree tbh. The shutdown may just be a government hammer anyway, but also I'm really not into this blame game with people who catch the virus. We thankfully moved on from doing with HIV, we should certainly not be doing it with this.
There is absolutely no reason for the government to do this, there are protocols in place for elite sport which have largely worked.