• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The strength of reaction to last night surprised me. Turns out people aren’t as resigned to our situation as much as I thought they were.

Though the Woodward songs really should have started years ago.
Oddly enough I would say Woodward would be a loss to United as his commercial acumen seems amazing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oddly enough I would say Woodward would be a loss to United as his commercial acumen seems amazing.
This is what fans (including me) assumed for a long time, but oddly enough he has very little to do with the commercial side. Which actually makes complete sense because he was originally a banker, and finance and commercial aren't the same thing.

I'm sure he's managed the club's finances well enough, but our knack of raking in huge amounts of money from obscure global partnerships is down to someone else. Maybe even someone who predates the Glazers - we've excelled in that area since the 90s.

andmark

International Captain
Winning at Wolves away feels like a decent result these days. Relieved tstl as many Liverpool fans will be.

Edit: That result pales in comparison with the scenes at Prenton Park. Second best team in Merseyside showing their class.

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
Anyone feel like salah is incapable of passing inside the box? So many chances for an assist but always tries to blast a goal from not so great positions

Uppercut

Salah generally hasn’t been great this season. I reckon he’s lost a lot of pace. Sterling a fair bit worse than last season too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nice one Tranmere. Enjoy Sunday GIMH.
Cheers mate. These are the days you live for as a lower league fan. You've had your fair share in recent years of course.

Got a feeling he'll enjoy it more than we will...
Haha, we'll see. Don't think your players will much like our 'pitch'. Suspect it'll be 0-0 for a long time and then you'll get it done in the last 20. I'm certainly not expecting another Tottenham scenario. But hey it's the Cup. Anything can happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be watching this.

Getting the "good old FA cup tie" vibe for this one.

Not in the sense that I am expecting an upset or anything, it's just a fixture that reminds me of how I used to feel watching early-round FA Cup games as a kid.

Uppercut

It’ll be on an early 90s pitch and, unlike almost all FA cup ties these days, it’s a game United (incorrectly) won’t want to lose.

cpr

International Coach
Maybe an uneven pitch will see our passes bobble off in a direction that isnt ****ing sideways

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Is United using all of their goals in 1 game a good idea? May want to save some for the league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is United using all of their goals in 1 game a good idea? May want to save some for the league.
Could have saved them all ffs

Didn't actually think we played that badly, relatively speaking. Some fine goals from United.

That Maguire bloke can play eh

Uppercut

Could have saved them all ffs

Didn't actually think we played that badly, relatively speaking. Some fine goals from United.

That Maguire bloke can play eh
Yeah the gameplan sort of always has to include ‘hope they don’t score any screamers or deflections’.

I thought Hepburn-Murphy looked really handy. See he’s only there on loan though.