• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Spark

Global Moderator
Liverpool are simply a better team than City right now, as hard as that is to accomplish. They won't hit teams for 6 and 7 at home every now and again and run up the GD, but I just don't see anyone beating them in the form they are currently. They're like Mourinho's Chelsea team in their efficiency.
City have a whole stack of injuries to key players, no? Not that hard to accomplish if your opponents are missing their first choice centrebacks, midfielder, left back, left winger...

andmark

International Captain
City have a whole stack of injuries to key players, no? Not that hard to accomplish if your opponents are missing their first choice centrebacks, midfielder, left back, left winger...
Given that situation, it does feel that if Liverpool are to win the league in the short to medium term, it has to be this season. I mean what better opportunity could there ever be when three (Chelsea not included here) of the top six simply aren't at the races and City have lots of injuries?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The injury situation is recent. You can argue that they've been the better overall team over the past one and a half years, given they won the CL and missed out on the league by a hair's breadth. This season they're well ahead and pulling away. Mighty impressive accomplishment given the financial disparity.

Uppercut

Naw City are still well in the title race. Liverpool have got lucky in the league this season, and luck can always last long enough for people to stop believing that it's luck, but it can never last forever.

vcs

Naw City are still well in the title race. Liverpool have got lucky in the league this season, and luck can always last long enough for people to stop believing that it's luck, but it can never last forever.
I reckon it'll be a bit like Ferguson's last title win at Man Utd. where they kept looking vulnerable but pulled out well in front early in the season and City never really closed the gap.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It just feels like City take 25 passes to maybe create a half-chance and when Wolves get the ball they’re 3 passes away from being clean through. Like it eventually did at Barca then again at Bayern.
Teams just sit so deep though, it's really difficult to play with any sort of tempo against deep, packed defenses.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon it'll be a bit like Ferguson's last title win at Man Utd. where they kept looking vulnerable but pulled out well in front early in the season and City never really closed the gap.
They were further ahead last year at a much later stage. It is still really early in the season and like Uppercut said I just can't see Liverpool doing this forever.

OverratedSanity

I hope United being close to the relegation zone is like the leicester championship season where you kept thinking "I'd love for this to happen but it probably won't" and then it actually did end up happening.

andmark

International Captain
FiveThirtyEight has them finishing at seventh (Leicester 6th). Seems over-optimistic at this point.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it gets bad enough, some money will be spent in the winter. No way they end up below 10th.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't believe the amount of people calling the title race.

I mean they are obviously favourites at this stage but it's October FFS. Has history taught us nothing?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope United being close to the relegation zone is like the leicester championship season where you kept thinking "I'd love for this to happen but it probably won't" and then it actually did end up happening.
Haha if they lose their next match (v Liverpool) they could actually be in the relegation zone by the end of the next round of games.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pep refusing to play Foden over the lukewarm corpse of a footballer known as Ilkay Gundogan is frustrating though. What about Gundogan today tells you that giving Foden a run could be worse? Unnecessarily stubborn.