• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of Emery, I’ve been wondering for a while why his record at Valencia was so good despite him seeming to be terrible at managing.

I just saw the players he had and hoooly ****, he should be utterly embarrassed to have been anywhere near the Europa League. His attackers were Juan Mata David Silva and David Villa.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Speaking of Emery, I’ve been wondering for a while why his record at Valencia was so good despite him seeming to be terrible at managing.

I just saw the players he had and hoooly ****, he should be utterly embarrassed to have been anywhere near the Europa League. His attackers were Juan Mata David Silva and David Villa.
He would have been manager when we were in a CL group together with them.

We should have pumped them at Ibrox.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal's kids looked pretty decent last night, but the defence again looked awful.

Good result of course, but extremely fortuitous to come out of that match without conceding at least 1-2 goals. Frankfurt had so many chances.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Arsenal kids are really funny. The youth of the day beat Wigan 4-0 in League Cup tie about 15 years ago and were set for greatness. Never happens aside from the crass of 92.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Emery is not being sacked. It may happen this season, but right now it's not a reality. It'll require several more weeks of direness for that to happen.

Anyway, would gladly have Rafa because he's a great lad, but not sure how willing he would be to bail out on his Chinese experience.

vcs

They need to fire him soon. Don't do a Man Utd. and hang on to crap managers forever.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Emery is not being sacked. It may happen this season, but right now it's not a reality. It'll require several more weeks of direness for that to happen.

Anyway, would gladly have Rafa because he's a great lad, but not sure how willing he would be to bail out on his Chinese experience.
Probably quite willing. His China trip is just a chance to earn a stupid amount of money for nothing.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Southampton are dung. Kept out of trouble last year by the bottom 3 and Brighton being so bad. This year they could be in trouble.

andmark

International Captain
By contrast, Bournemouth doing surprisingly well especially given some of us thought they'd be relegation candidates. They still might be I guess, but still, not the start relegation candidates would expect.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The Arsenal kids are really funny. The youth of the day beat Wigan 4-0 in League Cup tie about 15 years ago and were set for greatness. Never happens aside from the crass of 92.
Those Arsenal league cup teams had tons of teenagers who became established at the highest level. The most famous was a 6-0 win over Sheffield United in 08/09. Gibbs, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere all played and stayed at Arsenal either as a first team regular or a key player for nearly a decade. after it. Others like Fabianski and Carlos Vela had success in top leagues for others clubs. I think most clubs would be satisfied if their youth prospects turned out as good, especially if most of them had to overcome career threatening injuries like Arsenal's did.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Those Arsenal league cup teams had tons of teenagers who became established at the highest level. The most famous was a 6-0 win over Sheffield United in 08/09. Gibbs, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere all played and stayed at Arsenal either as a first team regular or a key player for nearly a decade. after it. Others like Fabianski and Carlos Vela had success in top leagues for others clubs. I think most clubs would be satisfied if their youth prospects turned out as good, especially if most of them had to overcome career threatening injuries like Arsenal's did.
I know Arsenal have produced a lot of good young players. It was just that after a particular game against Wigan a couple of pundits went way over the top about Arsenal dominating the PL in the near future. I can't remember the exact year of the game or who the pundits were, so I think I'll take leave here.

Uppercut

By contrast, Bournemouth doing surprisingly well especially given some of us thought they'd be relegation candidates. They still might be I guess, but still, not the start relegation candidates would expect.
They weren’t even really close to being relegation candidates last season and the team hasn’t changed much. I think people just predict that because they’re such a small club that they’re bound to go down eventually.

morgieb

They weren’t even really close to being relegation candidates last season and the team hasn’t changed much. I think people just predict that because they’re such a small club that they’re bound to go down eventually.
IIRC they finished last season really poorly. Side is no doubt a decent one though, so yeah I don't really get it.

andmark

International Captain
IIRC they finished last season really poorly. Side is no doubt a decent one though, so yeah I don't really get it.
Yeah, there may have been a touch of over-reacting to a poor spell of form. That said, they did indeed finish last season very poorly. If they'd continued that form then yeah, they could've been relegation candidates.