• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fun though.

Was just thinking how many City or Liverpool would have put past either side in that half.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Agreed. It really is difficult to think of two more ordinary Utd and Chelsea sides.

I hadn't really thought about it, but with Morata gone and Giroud getting on a bit, if Tammy Abraham is the best they have to lead their line, then... well, that's not great. Not great at all.

Edit: That said, they were probably the better team in that half tbh.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. It really is difficult to think of two more ordinary Utd and Chelsea sides.

I hadn't really thought about it, but with Morata gone and Giroud getting on a bit, if Tammy Abraham is the best they have to lead their line, then... well, that's not great. Not great at all.

Edit: That said, they were probably the better team in that half tbh.
IMO United look better on paper, but Chelsea are combining much better. Early signs reflect quite well on Lampard.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Female referee for the European Super Cup between Liverpool and Chelsea. Nothing against it in principle but judging by the Women’s Cup she’s not particularly outstanding. It’s positive discrimination. She’s only refereed two men’s matches in the French second tier.

andmark

International Captain
Female referee for the European Super Cup between Liverpool and Chelsea. Nothing against it in principle but judging by the Women’s Cup she’s not particularly outstanding. It’s positive discrimination. She’s only refereed two men’s matches in the French second tier.
Things like experience in the opposite gender's football didn't hinder Phil Neville :ph34r:.

But yeah, for a (")final("), you'd obviously want someone with more experience of the men's game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What exactly is the point of this match?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think you should probably check your stats there as well. She's been refereeing in Ligue 2 for multiple years and has 70+ appearances. She's refereed 2 Ligue 1 matches though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe the difficulty finding an experienced female referee might have something to do with football's decades of entrenched misogyny. And maybe a high-profile and visible but ultimately meaningless match is an ideal one in which to provide a female referee with experience.

cpr

International Coach
Salford having their second live game of the season on Sky already. Nothing to do with Gary Neville being part owner.
I just can’t get behind Salford City. Got a real beef with the whole ‘little club getting success because of their brilliant footballing owners’, when it’s the billionaire owner and overinflated contracts used to buy their way up. I just can’t get any passion for what is basically cheat code football, and the absolute ****ing and glamourising their story makes me want them to lose. Even to Leeds