• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They've signed ****tier players but I think they're more cohesive signings (i.e. target last year loanees and guys who Smith has coached in the past), which was kinda what I meant by "smarter signings".
What on earth does this mean? :wacko:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What on earth does this mean? :wacko:
From memory they've signed a lot of players that Smith has coached, signed multiple players from the same club, loanees that they had last year, etc. And they were all wrapped up pre deadline day too so at least team cohesion will be built.

I'm not the most learned of the situation and it really sounds like I'm talking bollocks though so I'll stop.

Uppercut

From memory they've signed a lot of players that Smith has coached, signed multiple players from the same club, loanees that they had last year, etc.
Sounds very Moyesy to me.

You do have a point though, if they fail it won't be for the same reasons that Fulham did.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Smith thing has been exaggerated, if you don't include the loans that have been made permanent then it is only Jota and Konsa who he has worked with before. The multiple player from one club thing also is not true. Sure Jota had played for Brentford before but that was a couple of years back, so pleased that he is going to get a chance in the Premier League, was totally wasted at Birmingham.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is why fantasy football does my nut. It makes meaningless goals like Nudge's consolation become very irritating when it costs me points for the clean sheet Liverpool won't keep and I'm now also regretting not selecting Pukki as my cheap forward.

andmark

International Captain
Apparently Sky Sports will be posting highlights of PL matches on YouTube. Moral dilemma for MOTD fans tstl.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I'll take that result although the Alisson injury is far from perfect. Still, can just relax following the weekend's matches now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Getting up at 5 to travel to Portsmouth for what can surely only be a defeat

Wasn’t a single game in the last four seasons I went to in hope rather than expectation. Yeah baby, the whites are back

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, all three of them
I dunno what it is about MOTD but I have a soft spot for it still. I know the pundits are rarely interesting, Linekar is a smug **** and the highlights can be short, but its one of those things I grew up with and still watch when in front of the telly Saturday night.

Uppercut

I dunno what it is about MOTD but I have a soft spot for it still. I know the pundits are rarely interesting, Linekar is a smug **** and the highlights can be short, but its one of those things I grew up with and still watch when in front of the telly Saturday night.
The worst part for me is the amount of time spent on uniformly dull post-match interviews. For years I didn’t even notice it but once you can watch the highlights without it it’s like wtf is this ****.

Uppercut

First impression of Liverpool is that their defence isn’t good enough for them to challenge City.

Norwich’s combination play was really pretty. Which reminded me how insane it is that Solskjaer is managing United. 15 years ago whatever but now even relegation fodder sides have coaches that actually teach players how to do cool attacking stuff.

andmark

International Captain
I was hoping Norwich would stay somewhat true to the style that took them up. Things sound good in that respect so far.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It must be pretty exhausting expecting and almost having to win every game. Still worth it I am sure.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Me too, if only because it's one of the few programmes that wpjunior and I will watch together. I tend to use the time during post-match 'analysis' for kitchen or bathroom breaks, but I rarely miss the programme. Maybe it helps that I quite like Lineker.