• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Adrian was atrocious tonight.

Interesting comments about how great Atleti have been in defence when they've conceded twice tonight. Shows how much the game has changed from the 90s.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn’t think Atletico defended that well apart from Oblak. Gave up a lot of chances.

What a game though. Love how CL games can suddenly go ****-up like that.

vcs

Surely just a matter of time before league and CL games get called off or indefinitely postponed?

Gonna be tragic, or hilarious, depending on your perspective, for Liverpool to be denied their league title.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Michael Owen's punditry was absolutely dire even by the ordinarily dismal Michael Owen standards.
Post game was hilarious.

I don't care if they've lost, they're still the best team in Europe!

I bet all the Atleti players can talk about in that dressing room is how amazing Liverpool are!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I didn’t think Atletico defended that well apart from Oblak. Gave up a lot of chances.

What a game though. Love how CL games can suddenly go ****-up like that.
Allowing 11 shots on target, and one off the crossbar plus conceding twice from simple crosses into the box doesn't immediately scream amazing defending to me.

While we're on the subject of bad defending, a special shout out to van Dijk for Atleti's 2nd goal. Just wanders around in no man's land for the entire move.

Uppercut

Allowing 11 shots on target, and one off the crossbar plus conceding twice from simple crosses into the box doesn't immediately scream amazing defending to me.

While we're on the subject of bad defending, a special shout out to van Dijk for Atleti's 2nd goal. Just wanders around in no man's land for the entire move.
I was very impressed with them in the first leg but they looked average at best last night. They sit back a lot more than they used to. At their peak they gave the other team a hard time all over the pitch. Clearly far less fit than before too.

When they bothered to attack they were pretty decent at it, though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Post game was hilarious.

I don't care if they've lost, they're still the best team in Europe!

I bet all the Atleti players can talk about in that dressing room is how amazing Liverpool are!
He spoke of Atletico as if they were a team of bumpkins who had come out of nowhere. One would hope that a pundit on a major TV network woukd have some awareness that they've been consistently good and beating teams better than Liverpool for nearly ten years now, but oh well. Pillock.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Mikel Arteta has tested positive. Barely an hour after the PL confirmed it was business as usual this weekend. Incredible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the season being voided would be genuinely one of the funniest things ever.

It's also one of the more plausible solutions imo.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rumours that the Bundesliga season will be cancelled with no Champion being crowned.

The Germans are an intelligent and practical people, I believe the English FA should follow their lead in this matter.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The only options so far as I can see (unless somehow the situation improves dramatically very fast, which seems unlikely) are:

- play all remaining fixtures behind closed doors (probably not a goer now, because loads of players/coaches/other peeps will invariably be sick already, so that's a no no)

- delay everything (also not plausible, as we have no idea at the moment how long a delay would need to be, and a delay of anything more than a few weeks would mean other major international events like the Euros having to also be delayed or outright cancelled)

- End the season with everything as it stands at the moment (no way this will happen, due to matters of procedural fairness. Would lead to massive legal battles, particularly for any team that was relegated etc.)

- Void the season and write it off (not ideal, but realistically what other options are there?)

morgieb

Rumours that the Bundesliga season will be cancelled with no Champion being crowned.

The Germans are an intelligent and practical people, I believe the English FA should follow their lead in this matter.
Apparently they'll also promote the Top 4 teams in 2.Bundesliga as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The only options so far as I can see (unless somehow the situation improves dramatically very fast, which seems unlikely) are:

- play all remaining fixtures behind closed doors (probably not a goer now, because loads of players/coaches/other peeps will invariably be sick already, so that's a no no)

- delay everything (also not plausible, as we have no idea at the moment how long a delay would need to be, and a delay of anything more than a few weeks would mean other major international events like the Euros having to also be delayed or outright cancelled)

- End the season with everything as it stands at the moment (no way this will happen, due to matters of procedural fairness. Would lead to massive legal battles, particularly for any team that was relegated etc.)

- Void the season and write it off (not ideal, but realistically what other options are there?)
There's no chance Euro 2020 goes ahead IMO. There's not the room now with postponements to complete the UEFA club competitions in enough time. The calendar is far too tight and there's absolutely no wiggle room.