• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bet you they don't lose more than 6 of their next 8.
Lost 6 of their last 8

Brighton 0-1
Leicester 0-1
Bournemouth 2-0
Southampton 1-2
Huddersfield 1-0
Wolves 1-3
Man City 0-2
Watford 0-1

I know which run of fixtures was tougher.

Last edited:

Uppercut

This will be the second time in two weeks that Chelsea will drop below Arsenal purely as a result of an implausibly heavy defeat.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This will be the second time in two weeks that Chelsea will drop below Arsenal purely as a result of an implausibly heavy defeat.
Haha love it. What's especially great about this is the fact that Arsenal's own performances have hardly been deserving of a place in the top four. But yet implausibly they end up in there, somewhat implausibly, due to another team conspiring to be worse than them.

In any event, Chelsea look like a team that are just drifting. Sarri will last to the end of the season I would guess, but he's done. Won't be in charge at the start of next season surely.

Uppercut

Haha love it. What's especially great about this is the fact that Arsenal's own performances have hardly been deserving of a place in the top four. But yet implausibly they end up in there, somewhat implausibly, due to another team conspiring to be worse than them.

In any event, Chelsea look like a team that are just drifting. Sarri will last to the end of the season I would guess, but he's done. Won't be in charge at the start of next season surely.
They haven't ended up there as of now :)

andmark

International Captain
It is weird what's happening at Chelsea. Imagine having perhaps the best holding midfielder in the world and not playing him in that role. I get that football is a team game and the individual is only a part of a collective, but the results haven't even backed Sarri's choice in this regard.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It is weird what's happening at Chelsea. Imagine having perhaps the best holding midfielder in the world and not playing him in that role. I get that football is a team game and the individual is only a part of a collective, but the results haven't even backed Sarri's choice in this regard.
Kante (assuming that is who you are talking about) isn't really a holding midfielder tbf.

Uppercut

Ball-winning midfielder would be more accurate. The word ‘holding’ implies a player who doesn’t run a lot, and he probably runs more than any player I’ve ever seen.

It’s true that Sarri is using him incredibly badly. Which is especially dire because him getting through the defensive work of 2 players opens up so many attacking options around him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah commentators keep talking about Jorginho playing the position Kante usually does but it's not true. Almost all of Kante's career before this season had been spent in a midfield two, not in any midfield three role. It's obvious the squad would be better suited to playing just two of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic in a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3, especially since they don't have a quality creative or goal scoring midfielder in their usual three. But Sarri gonna Sarri.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think Sarri is up to it and Sarri-ball can work, but the club needs to back him in a similar way that City backed Pep after his very poor first season. Sadly, Chelsea is a shower and Sarri will be lucky to make the end of the season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Chelsea's scattergun hiring and firing of managers is what's coming home to roost now, as they have a squad that is totally unsuited to the way the manager wants to play.

Uppercut

It’s difficult to implement Sarriball with a club that just signed Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Barkley. Kepa is a £80m turkey too. I think they should stick with him. But his misuse of Kante is still just ****e.

vcs

Really? Ronaldo was great in the 2006-08 period but had a marked drop off in his last season at Man Utd. and he's pretty much been incredible since then. I think Henry accomplished more than him in the Premier League overall.