• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

cpr

International Coach
There's a feeling of freedom in how they are playing. The team look happy to try and attack every chance they get, without worry. You get the feeling under Jose any misplaced pass would be brought up and villified, even if the team won, so players weren't taking those risks. Under Ole its the bigger picture, so long as the team does what it needs to, the odd over-confident move can be excused. Just knowing that the pressure is off the simple things has allowed certain players to relax, and the natural ability that they have has come back to the fore. Just watching Matic (supposedly one of Jose's own boys) play under Ole highlights the change. Before he was all about safety, taking the extra touch, looking sideways for the pass, and over this season certainly he started to perform poorly as his natural instincts got stifled. He was treating the ball like a hot potato, taking many little controlling touches before getting rid ASAP rather than taking control of it. Now under Ole he's always looking to move it forward, he'll take it past players if he can, and his first touch is once again assured. He's looked a million times better in recent weeks.

The Metro (god love them, a free paper that's dear at half the price) surprisingly did a decent bit about what Phelan has brought back to the club in regards to training
https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/13/how-...sons-philosophy-at-manchester-united-8338442/

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His team selections are much better too. Got Herrera back in the team to free up Pogba and played all of our fast players up front. Shaw is starting consistently too, he’s not that good but still obviously our best LB. A lot of the improvement is just getting our best players on the pitch in the right places.

vcs

Can never underestimate the impact of no longer having a miserable prick around the place who only seems to perk up when talking about his own past achievements.

flibbertyjibber

Bring on the Yam Yams.

Some comeback that 2-0 down away with 20 minutes left and you beat a team with 5 internationals (ok I counted Crouch but he was once)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They were never good enough to challenge for the league till May anyway and they have a seven point buffer on Arsenal and United. Bigger issue is how it hurts their chances against Dortmund and in the cups if he's out till early/mid March.

Uppercut

Yeah I’ve not completely given up hope of catching them but 7 points is a lot and the Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Moura front four should see them through their easy run of fixtures until Son comes back. They’re still looking pretty good for third place.

Uppercut

Bielsa rumoured to be set to resign. Massive victory for Lampard’s ****-chatting manoeuvres if so. Don’t think any of the supposed mind games masters ever talked a league leader into resigning.

andmark

International Captain
Given that football clubs are businesses and that Leeds vs Derby match could have implications on the profits of the two teams, why isn't the spy-gate incident being treated as corporate espionage?

Uppercut

Given that football clubs are businesses and that Leeds vs Derby match could have implications on the profits of the two teams, why isn't the spy-gate incident being treated as corporate espionage?
On the one hand, you have a point, but on the other hand, :lol:

Uppercut

Go on, explain.
I'm not sure I can explain it very well, that was just my reaction.

So, given the state of the game, corporate espionage lawsuits against managers spying on training might be logical. I can't think of a good reason why you're not correct. But the fact that that's where the sport has got to is hilarious.

andmark

International Captain
I'm not sure I can explain it very well, that was just my reaction.

So, given the state of the game, corporate espionage lawsuits against managers spying on training might be logical. I can't think of a good reason why you're not correct. But the fact that that's where the sport has got to is hilarious.
Ah, I thought I'd got it totally wrong haha.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Biesla is wonderful, same people who are upset about this are the same lot who get upset over mankading. :ph34r:
As far as I can tell Frank Lampard is pretty much the only person who is upset.

Also I thought Ashley Cole retired about 3 years ago?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
**** sake, winter break ends and we get a game called off due to a frozen pitch after 3 weeks of fairly mild weather.