• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Someone who likes a bet should find out the odds on a Cricketweb treble of Tranmere, Exeter and Huddersfield winning the Playoffs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
No offence to WPDavid but I think I'd prefer Palace to go down than City to go up. Neither are going to happen, but the epicness of it after all the blowing smoke UP BFS copious arse by some journos would be monumental.
None taken, but Palace could very easily go down. Any side that loses at home to Sunderland, Swansea and Burnley could very easily do likewise against Hull next week, and then we're really up to our necks in it, especially as our form has gone to pot since most of our central defenders got crocked a couple of weeks ago. Swansea, otoh, have rediscovered their form, and have a couple of perfectly winnable games to come.

I'm old enough to remember the horrors of 1993, when the players did a lap of honour after winning their last home game of the season took us to 40 points. Then Oldham won their games in hand and we went down anyway. I would suggest that BFS's boasting after the wins against Arsenal and Liverpool has been the equivalent to that ill-judged lap of honour, and a serious tempting of fate.

If Hull do win at Palace next week, we only have a trip to Old Trafford to come, and I reckon we'd be dead and buried.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Low key angry about yesterday, ridiculously played our first team, lost anyway, so still have the trek to Carlisle giving them a psychological boost, and another home defeat for the 6thousand that turned up.

Still, we'd have finished 5th whatever, which I'd have taken at the start of the season, and I'd have snatched your hand off when we were relegation fodder in November.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kind of funny, but also pretty uncomfortable to listen to.

Ray Wilkins has always been a berk imo, but I find it difficult to take the side of anyone who works for The Sun just on principle.

Anyway, no doubt another afternoon of unpleasantness to come today. Or a 0-0.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I like these final days when your own team aren't involved. Forest, Blackburn or Birmingham going down. Huddersfield keeper pointlessly sent off in a (all but) dead rubber and will be suspended for the Playoff.

Pothas

Come on Bristol City.

Bit of a flat way to end for us but last games of the season are always kind of weird, really missed Woods and Henry. Still really excited for next season, if we can just avoid losing more than one or two players.

Pothas

Please let that not be the last game Jota plays for Brentford, every other player I can be rational about, knowing that we will replace them, not him.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Get in.

Feel bad for Blackburn, sucks for all the relegation candidates to win on the day. Someone has to go down.