• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good watch. Some really great goals.

Edit: Also, in the unlikely event Arsenal win tomorrow, thank **** an Arsenal vs Spurs final is totally off the table.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always the play offs for your lot.

Lincoln have been superb to be fair.
To be fair in the last two months by all accounts they have been anything but superb - and have scraped the results anyway. Can't argue with that really. They responded well to the pressure we put on them where other teams would buckle.

Their official twitter account is pathetic though so **** the whole club and their thousands of new fans

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exeweb being particularly ridiculous in their appraisal of yesterday's match, I swear the place is losing all credibility as a fans forum.

Yet can I say for the umpteenth time there will never be a worse supporter than the "if we go up we'll struggle" type. I mean it's just the ultimate in twattyness, going up is the thing, it's the celebratrion that should last a few weeks at least, you really are a totally joyless moronic fool if this phrase, or similar, has ever been mentioned by you whilst your in a Promotion battle, it's the antithesis of being a supporter, in fact I'll say it, you ain't a ****ing supporter if you say it. There's no ****ing point you ever watching a match if you can't get some sort of enjoyment from success, I mean just look at yourself in the mirror, punch your ugly miserable fizzogg a few times and take up watching Rugger or something you hideous specimen of an human-being. Worse than Argyle fans, I mean that honestly.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Exeweb being particularly ridiculous in their appraisal of yesterday's match, I swear the place is losing all credibility as a fans forum.

Yet can I say for the umpteenth time there will never be a worse supporter than the "if we go up we'll struggle" type. I mean it's just the ultimate in twattyness, going up is the thing, it's the celebratrion that should last a few weeks at least, you really are a totally joyless moronic fool if this phrase, or similar, has ever been mentioned by you whilst your in a Promotion battle, it's the antithesis of being a supporter, in fact I'll say it, you ain't a ****ing supporter if you say it. There's no ****ing point you ever watching a match if you can't get some sort of enjoyment from success, I mean just look at yourself in the mirror, punch your ugly miserable fizzogg a few times and take up watching Rugger or something you hideous specimen of an human-being. Worse than Argyle fans, I mean that honestly.
We've hoofed, spoiled and generally killed entertainment to get out of this division. Do I care? Nope! :partytime

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know if the stats bear it out since the Play-Offs in England were introduced in the 80's, but the team that finishes in the highest spot don't seem to go up very often.
Didn't the year we went up out of that garbage league. We were terrible and finished miles behind Chester and Hereford but won the playoffs via 2 penalty shoot outs. Hairyfud lost in the semi final to Aldershot due to a very dodgy referring decision by Woolmer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dunno if it's still the case, but it definitely used to be a thing. Can remember several seasons in a row where the teams finishing 5th/6th in Div 1/the Championship went up, despite finishing about 10+ points behind the teams above them, causing much waaaahing.

The fact that there has been less (or so it seems to me) discussion about the lack of fairness of the playoff system in recent years perhaps suggests it's become less of an issue.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think people don't complain about fairness because the system has been here so long, not as many people remember the old way, you know the deal at the start of the season.

I believe in the conference the fifth place side has never gone up, could be wrong though.

If we can get through the semis I fancy us against anyone at Wembley. We've picked up another broken leg though. Two broken legs and two ACLs in the last eight weeks. We've done well to finish second tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think people don't complain about fairness because the system has been here so long, not as many people remember the old way, you know the deal at the start of the season.

I believe in the conference the fifth place side has never gone up, could be wrong though.

If we can get through the semis I fancy us against anyone at Wembley. We've picked up another broken leg though. Two broken legs and two ACLs in the last eight weeks. We've done well to finish second tbh.
I dunno, I swear about ten years ago there used to be endless whining about it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

We should have done so 2006-07, bloody stupid Morecambe and stupid sliding McIlroy, stupid injury to super Lee Phillips, stupid wonder goal from Carlton.

Made it up in 4th the following year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Based on this season I'd like to think with a full season of Mellon, Tollitt and C Jennings fit all season and basket case clubs coming down that we'd be a good bet for the title next season if we don't go up. But I bet grimsby thought that every year, and you probably did too, and Luton and Cambridge, Wrexham and bloody Lincoln for five years.

Footballing purgatory. ****e refs, ****e grounds and clubs so lacking in decorum that their official twitters actively troll. It's the pits, it's not funny anymore.

We need to win those ****ing play offs. We have to.