• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
ESPN reporting that United passed the opportunity on Reus because the asking price of £60m was too much. I don't get that at all.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
ESPN reporting that United passed the opportunity on Reus because the asking price of £60m was too much. I don't get that at all.
Saying we'd go to £50m, but not 60. Seems legit. Why spend that much on one of the best attackers in Europe when we could have an uncapped 19 year old for similar money?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Yeah, I mean for 99% of clubs fair enough. But it doesn't seem to really fit the club's transfer policy in the last couple of years.

Probably bollocks mind.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember that quote for Neville in 2012 saying deadline day is when you find out who the well run clubs are? United taking things to a new low.

Lots of talk lately that the club were happy for Woodward to take the heat for incompetence when Moyes was the one ****ing up. Really think the same thing is happening with LVG.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Remember that quote for Neville in 2012 saying deadline day is when you find out who the well run clubs are? United taking things to a new low.

Lots of talk lately that the club were happy for Woodward to take the heat for incompetence when Moyes was the one ****ing up. Really think the same thing is happening with LVG.
So who are the well run clubs?

Uppercut

Swansea, Southampton, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Citeh, Arsenal definitely too on balance. Spurs' ownership is underrated. United are probably only above Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, unless I'm forgetting someone.

All my pretty arbitrary opinion here ftr.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
We're pretty decently run as a business, which I don't give a **** about, but terribly run as a football team.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This isn't sour grapes, I'm really starting to hate the transfer market. Not the Arsenal part of it, the whole thing and the way it's consumed by the media and fans. Sick of it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
This isn't sour grapes, I'm really starting to hate the transfer market. Not the Arsenal part of it, the whole thing and the way it's consumed by the media and fans. Sick of it.
Transfer season in general is pretty **** now. I wouldn't mind it if the transfer window was every other year. Clubs can actually try to develop players and can't buy their way out of mistakes or shortfalls.

Uppercut

I think Newcastle are unique in the Prem for being badly run out of an unapologetic total disregard for the club, as opposed to simple incompetence.

Eds

International Debutant
Swansea, Southampton, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Citeh, Arsenal definitely too on balance. Spurs' ownership is underrated. United are probably only above Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, unless I'm forgetting someone.

All my pretty arbitrary opinion here ftr.
Leicester for the former, Liverpool for the latter. Villa beginning to sort themselves out, too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All part of the modern horror show that is top level football.

I'm gonna stop there before I give myself high blood pressure

#AMF