• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."
Haha, yeh but I guess that's a difference of opinion. It definitely isn't Rodgers' style. And he was pointing out the obvious.

A little while later he won the Golden Boy prize. Sterling has been earmarked for stardom even before we bought him as a 15 year old. And frankly, putting the Liverpool bias aside; what he's asking for is not unreasonable. He wants parity with the club's best earner (Sturridge); and being the best player he probably deserves it - Liverpool can easily afford it as well.

Even if it might have encouraged him to be a bit bold (I think it's agent's doing TBF); what it means is that the attention has probably put a premium on him for anyone wanting to buy him.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because it gives the player and his agent a ****ton of unnecessary leverage in any contract negotiations. For example, the Best Young Player in Europe might consider that the best thing for his career would be to play for a club with Champions League football.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Shoutout to the British Media for implying Bale being injured is bigger than Modric being injured. They have Isco to replace Bale, who's probably better against a low block anyway. Modric has to be replaced by Illeramendi, Khedira or Lucas Silva...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Because it gives the player and his agent a ****ton of unnecessary leverage in any contract negotiations. For example, the Best Young Player in Europe might consider that the best thing for his career would be to play for a club with Champions League football.
Nah. Do you really think Sterling needed Rodgers saying it to trump up his demands? Silly stuff. Sterling's value is as clear as day. Rodgers saying it or not makes no difference. During the run in of last season he was arguably our best player, even eclipsing Suarez a lot of the time, whose goals started to dry up towards the end.

I think Henderson you could say has been promoted a bit too early - he shouldn't be captain next season IMO - and that has made him a bit ****y in terms of asking for 100k. Sterling, though, again, is just a freak. If Liverpool don't pay up there are many clubs that will.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Obviously football wages are just ridiculous, but relatively speaking, I'm happy for Hendo to go on 100k. Think he could well make an excellent captain also, he's done well so far.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And while this seems incredibly unlikely, if Everton beat United, and we win our next two league games...

EDIT: City vs Villa next up too.

It's not over 'til it's over!

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt that scratching around for 4th on the failings of others and a place in the qualifying round of the Champions League would keep Sterling at Liverpool. He's good enough to be playing for a genuine contender for the big prizes.