• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nah, last year they had Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, Palace and City. Much harder fixtures! I don't think they'll struggle as much either, and expect Van Gaal to be much better tactically than Moyes, and get much more out of the squad that's already there. They're in a similar position to Arsenal though, they really need to start buying!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, last year they had Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, Palace and City. Much harder fixtures! I don't think they'll struggle as much either, and expect Van Gaal to be much better tactically than Moyes, and get much more out of the squad that's already there. They're in a similar position to Arsenal though, they really need to start buying!
Nah sorry what I meant was, their next five were supposed to be easy. I remember Furball saying their start looked worse than it was but you could guarantee they'd have 22 points after 10 games, which of course they didn't.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I have to admit though, I don't really get the excitement of fixture release day. Saw people on my twitter TL saying they were going to wake up early. Apart from who we're playing opening day and maybe a couple of the big games, I'll just forget them all by mid August anyway.
Haha yeah, exactly the same here.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Mandzukic to Wolfsburg all but confirmed and then squashed an hour later. Still think a London club should pounce on him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday Times reckon Real/Barca fighting over Suarez, who wants out and has a 67m release clause.

Liverpool fans can stop pretending he isn't a racist **** now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought Barca were banned from signing anyone or did I imagine that?

But, yeah. Suarez is off. Take more than £67m tho.

Uppercut

Thought Barca were banned from signing anyone or did I imagine that?

But, yeah. Suarez is off. Take more than £67m tho.
That's the reported release clause figure, suppose it just depends whether his lawyers got the job done this time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's kinda what I meant. Our £40m bid apparently should've triggered his then release clause, but didn't.

Reckon it'll be more like £80m.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Suarez won't leave Liverpool this year. If he was going to go, he'd have gone last summer. If they don't win the league this year, then he'll probably go, but can't see him leaving yet.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Suarez won't leave Liverpool this year. If he was going to go, he'd have gone last summer. If they don't win the league this year, then he'll probably go, but can't see him leaving yet.
What is this logic based on? As others have said, he would have been off last year had his lawyers not made a meal of things.

Uppercut

Real/Barca seem to be in for him this summer, whereas they weren't last year. That's a big difference for Suarez himself, but also because it's far more feasible for Liverpool to let him go there.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What is this logic based on? As others have said, he would have been off last year had his lawyers not made a meal of things.
Just a gut feeling. He's a massive fan favourite now at Anfield, and after coming so close to winning the title last year, I can see him wanting one more go at winning the Premier League with Liverpool. He might end up going, but I don't see it happening. We'll wait and see, but I can see him still being a Liverpool player come September.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Standard procedure when appealing non-criminal penalties as I understand things.

Don't get me wrong, it absolutely sucks, but nature of the beast and all that.
Could they really not have sorted it out the appeal in the two and a half months before the window was due to open? How long would it realistically take to deal with it?

To me it just seems weak as piss. They put a foot down and then lifted it because Barca said please.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always happens. Chelsea had something not that different once didn't they?

One of the only things I hate about this World Cup is the amount of Chelsea players that are on loan somewhere that are playing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Could they really not have sorted it out the appeal in the two and a half months before the window was due to open? How long would it realistically take to deal with it?

To me it just seems weak as piss. They put a foot down and then lifted it because Barca said please.
Barca would just argue that they needed X amount of months to put a case together and so on, which they probably would tbf. As a general rule sanctions imposed by supranational bodies (like UEFA) are appealed and cross-appealed for months and months on end. It's not strictly relevant, but as an example when the European Court of Justice makes a ruling against a member state for not implementing the law properly, or a private company (most frequently Google, these days) for not respecting the law in place, the entire process from the case going to court to the court's judgment being implemented or successfully appealed is often years rather than months.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Just a gut feeling. He's a massive fan favourite now at Anfield, and after coming so close to winning the title last year, I can see him wanting one more go at winning the Premier League with Liverpool. He might end up going, but I don't see it happening. We'll wait and see, but I can see him still being a Liverpool player come September.
Yes, this. From the sounds of his own interviews and how he has settled in, and the change he's undergone himself, I don't think he'd go next season. Possibly the season after though. If anything, Liverpool are in an even better position than last year since he signed a new contract less than a year ago and we have enough cash as to not need to sell him. You never know though, but if he does go it'll probably be the transfer fee record. 67m is way too low.

Last edited: